Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Underwater LED lights

We installed our LED underwater lights while we had Unity out for bottom painting. They are very well made, require only one 3/16" hole in the hull, and work great. We bought Abysslite lights #600. The cost was $507.00 for three including Florida sales tax. http://www.abysslite.com

Re: Underwater LED lights

You say they work Good, can you compare them too others and how about a picture???
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Maynard, did you install them on the transom or on the bottom of the boat? Have you tried them yet? Do you like them? I would like to install transom lights on my boat too. How long did it take to get them ? Bruce

I like the idea of only a 3/16" hole to run the wire. Plus, with an LED you should never have to change a bulb and the amp draw is really low too. Do you know what the maximum input voltage would be on those? I'd get a few if they would run on 32v.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by 34Hatt
    You say they work Good, can you compare them too others and how about a picture???
    I don't have a way to download my camera until I get back to Detroit next week. I will take some pictures with the lights on. I can't make a comparison, but they light the water up for thirty feet behind the boat and down enough to see fish that are 3 feet or so down.They really are quite bright. They do make a brighter one though.

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    Maynard, did you install them on the transom or on the bottom of the boat? Have you tried them yet? Do you like them? I would like to install transom lights on my boat too. How long did it take to get them ? Bruce
    On the transom about 2" above the water. We turned them on last night in the murky harbor water. We like them alot. I drove up to Ft. Lauderdale and picked them up direct from the mfr. I am sure the ship them quickly. He said they are selling like crazy. They are very high quality and quite heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY
    I like the idea of only a 3/16" hole to run the wire. Plus, with an LED you should never have to change a bulb and the amp draw is really low too. Do you know what the maximum input voltage would be on those? I'd get a few if they would run on 32v.
    I don't know about the voltage Sky. One of the three had a tan positive and a blue negative with a sticker on the glass telling of this. The other 2 had conventional red + and black-.The wires are only about 20 gage so they can't draw much current. That tan and blue wire stuff is British. All our Brooks & Gatehouse instruments on the sailboat use that color coding. I guess you should pick their brains at Abysslite.

Sky, The article in Passagemaker said their are models that work from 9 to 40 volts. Imtra has some that work at 9 to 36 volts. look here, Imtra.com

Check out the Ocean LEDs - they are bright and the have a strobing model available. www.oceanled.com They also have a trim tab version light.

I am researching the Super Blues for NIMROD and a buddy's 53. Feel free to PM or email me for more details.

This may be a dumb question, but why would you want to light up the water? I'm sure it looks cool, but is there a purpose? Does it attract fish? Show the girls skinny dipping? Rick

Rick
    1973 38 FBDC
    rswirtz@hotmail.com