Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Does your 6-71 still look like this?

Found this old photo in some old stuff lying around the closet.

Thought you might be interested.

Blaine
    Attached Images

Re: Does your 6-71 still look like this?

All the oil on the floor was airbrushed out of the photo...

I found a new single engine for the HATT TRICK !! Alignment is going to be a bit tricky, but will be well worth the trouble.
    This unit runs at 100 RPM and the overspeed trip is 102. It uses no gear box or variable pitch propeller. It runs forward only in open ocean duty. Its shut down and the boat is lightered offshore. The ship is too big for the Panama canal so she makes the trip around both Capes. ws

Isn't that for the new Toytota full-size pickup??

How'd you like to try to roll new bearing shells into that baby in-frame?
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

At 100 rpm, they ought to last a while. How'd you like to have to pull into Jiffy Lube and get an oil change with that?

Saw a Disc channel thing on the world's biggest diesel. 96000 hp, 12 cyl. They said the crank weighed 23 tons. The block had rungs welded on the inside so you could climb down to inspect. Was in the worlds largest vanship (11,000 containers; 196000 tons full load). On the maiden voyage, she brought Christmas to Great Britian (yes, from China). This is why they are going to expand the Panama canal.
    Gary

It's not green. Bill, I can't imagine what the crank grinding machine looks like. It's got to be the size of a football field. The pistons are 3 ft in dia.. I would love to here it run. I wonder if its a N or a TI.

BILL