Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Batteries to replace 8D's

Greetings all,

I'm looking to replace my last two 8d's I have on board with batteries that will fit in the 2-8d boxes I have now. I have 8 other golf cart batteries for the house bank and to start my starboard engine. The 2 - 8d's I need to replace are dedicated port engine start batteries. I do have a combiner switch. If I could get two batteries to start my port engines,(that would fit in the boxes) I could add more golf carts to my house bank.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Ned Hickel

Re: Batteries to replace 8D's

what you are looking for is the 8D replacement by Rolls battery. esentially it is a series of six 2 volt batteries that is specifically designed for this purpose. it has more power than their best 8D and you install each 'cell' individually making it a breeze to replace. I unfortunately purchased four 8D batts from them about six months before these where released. call New England Batterę they are the north east rep for Rolls (cant buy direct). 978 745 3333 or 978 745 7900 ask for Dana and tell him Russ sent you.

3. Re: Batteries to replace 8D's

You just need to use the "search" site at the top of the page for batteries, there's been a lot of write up on batteries lately.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

No offense, but you put in 8D batteries and look at what comes back!

Cheers, Ned

You're right. Nobody wants anything to do with 8D's. When people see you dragging them down the dock, they usually hide and hope you ask for help.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

C'mon Sky-- A young stud like you can easily handle one on each shoulder !! ws