Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Where we like to buy or stuff

good thread.

What about places to get more "commercial" type stuff. I run a small pile driving business on the side and I've been looking for good supliers of heavy duty marine stuff like pumps, cables, fasteners, hardware, etc.

Since I got a port supply card i'm using west marine more than I ever thought I would. Plus they just opened a store not very far from the boats. Bill
    Bill Allen 1973 43 dc
    Brielle N.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Allen View Post
    Since I got a port supply card i'm using west marine more than I ever thought I would. Plus they just opened a store not very far from the boats. Bill

I agree! I just picked up a no feedback steering kit for one of my pontoon boats...list 215, PS price 161.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Allen View Post
    What is a port supply card?

5. Re: Where we like to buy or stuff

Mark,
    You beat me to that question... It got my attention too...
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

I find that Paxton is extremely competitive, and for parts ordered by 3:00pm, they will be at your doorstep the next day at no charge.

http://www.parts123.com/marine/

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy View Post
    I find that Paxton is extremely competitive, and for parts ordered by 3:00pm, they will be at your doorstep the next day at no charge.

http://www.parts123.com/marine/
    Paxton
    Mesco
    Land and Sea

I have a business with a tax ID number, but in the past these guys wouldn't let me open an account or do business with them because I don't have a store front. I'm going to try again though! I now have a pile driver barge I can send them pics of haha.

from land and sea:

It is the policy of LAND 'N' SEA DISTRIBUTING, INC. to sell only to Marine dealers, Boat Yards, Boat builders or other marine oriented business with sufficient repetitive volume (minimum $5000.00 annually) to assure a mutually profitable relationship. I certify that all items are being purchased for resale and that I am a merchant as that term is defined in the Uniform Commercial Code.
    Last edited by krush; 06-22-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Port supply is the commercial rape and pillage unit of Worst Morons. they will not give me an account because I do not have a marine storefront. My company does about $500k in various items but thats not enough for them so I buy my stuff elsewhere whenever possible.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

In the Baltimore area, Bay Boat suplies on Nanticoke Rd, Essex.

On the internet, iBoat, Boatfix, Scuba Steve (best prices and delivery I found for Furuno radar and KVH sat TV.

Of course for things Hatteras, SAMS.

Bob

10. Re: Where we like to buy or stuff

If you are a charter operator you can join NACO and get a PS account through the association. Just don't expect a large or consistant discount off the WM retail pricing. Many times I find the sale price is better than the discount. I use i for convienance and for items the discount s decent on. They also require a 1500 annual min purchase, but a WM prices that is two or three items....