Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fresh Water Washdown Hose

For all of those out there that fish, where do you store your fresh water washdown hose while you are out fishing. Is it just left with one end on the quick disconnect fitting and the other end draped over the cutting board.?Anyone have any good ideas for a neater setup short of a permanently mounted curly hose dispenser.

2. Re: Fresh Water Washdown Hose

I hook the nozzle over the rail above the spigot. Its right there when you need it, and not in the way. To keep things neater I use one of the coiled hoses which keeps the "profile" right there within that immediate area when 'stowed".
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Re: Fresh Water Washdown Hose

Karl - thanks. I was hoping that there was some sort of permanent neat setup like some sort of retractable, spring loaded device that would work. I do not want to install one of those curly hose dispensers but have no objection to using a curly hose when I fish.

My FW hose connects below the gunwale aft of the salon bulkhead. I just stretch it out and hook the nozzle on the aft cleat. There is just enough tension in the coils to keep it suspended under the gunwale. I actually do the same with the RW hose also.

5. Re: Fresh Water Washdown Hose

I use this I got from Ace...

AmesŪ Easy ReelŪ Deck and Patio Hose Reel (2384575)

Self contained, holds 150' of hose and has a handle to wind the hose up when done. Plus you see no hose when completely wound up
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

6. Re: Fresh Water Washdown Hose

My solution with the rail doesn't work so well with my Sailfish 23. Seems that they didn't think out where the outlet is quite as well as Hatteras did.

Funny how you miss the engineering of even the silly little stuff after you've been HatLess for a while. Dang....
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

On my fathers boat I installed a length of hose to the fresh water system. there was an empty rod holder hole that is molded into gunwale which I threaded a 6' section of regular white garden hose through. it slides in and out easily and conveniently stows away with only the spray gun showing. It set me back a big $20.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney

Silly question but.....What are you using the fresh water for?

We leave the saltwater washdown hose hooked up in the corner out of the way.

You could drill holes a little bigger than the straight type hose(put the fittings in after the fact) and route it below decks and then back up the coaming in a handy out of the way place, then you can grab, spray and feed back below decks easily. You could have a stainless cover/holder made from round tube and flat plate without much trouble. Your best bet is the tube for coils unless you really want to put some work in it.....
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

9. Re: Fresh Water Washdown Hose

How about these ?

Seatech

Liked the website ! Easy to peruse.
    Hey Paul, a couple of quick questions...
    1. Are you running the SEATECH lines in red and blue with that neat manifold?
    2. On the engine room decking are you putting in combings to prevent tools in
    the bilge?
    3. Did you cut the after access hole to the engine room? What are you doing for
    a soundproof door?
    4. On that ER deck, what did you do to isolate the deck from the tank?
    Did you glass in stringers or does the deck float across the tank tops? I
    just
    discovered my battery boxes are glued down between the engines on a
    piece of removable 3/4 plywood screwed around the perimeter and not
    between the boxes--I HOPE !! I am definitely going to move them into
    the auxiliary equipment room in the center stateroom along with the rear
    access hatch!

Keep up the good work... that pic of you on the port side behind the engine makes you look lonely... dont despair !! ws
    Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 03-05-2007 at 07:48 PM. Reason: adding photos