Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Temp Gauges

eze2bme Guest

Temp Gauges

The temperature gauges (AC) on my flybridge helm register about 15 degrees lower than those on my lower helm. I have "shot" the brass temp sending units on the engines and the flybridge helm gauges are reading correctly. Is there any way to adjust the lower helm gauges?? Seems like there has been a thread on this earlier but I can't find it. Thanks for any thoughts!

Tom
    1979 43DCMY
    J&T 6-71N's

mikep996 Guest

gauges

I have the same issue - the mechanical gauges in the engine room are spot-on while the helm gauges are, shall we say, "not."

I started to anal-ize the situation but then decided to take the old military approach. I just rotated the helm/bridge gauges so the needles point straight up at normal operating temp, paying no attention to the actual temp indication on the gauge. That way you have an immediate indication whether everything is satisfactory.

You could also go one better and put a thin line of green marking tape on the gauge at that position.