Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2/3 Ft Pierce Nutin' But Wet

Went out Sat. morning. Passed up some birds working in about 60' but figured we had bigger fish to fry. Put the lines out in 90' heading Northeast. We turned Southeast and continued to 200'. By this time seas had built to 3-5' so we headed back Northwest to complete the triangle. Well it got snotty quick and 1 crew got sick and the other 2 did not feel well so I end up driving and clearing lines . By the time we got in seas were 6'+ and STEEP. Back at the dock we find out they were catching the fish in 60-90'. Should have hit those birds early
    1986 52 Convertible
    Island Son

2. Re: 2/3 Ft Pierce Nutin' But Wet

Look at the bright side, least here in Florida WE can use our boats... Look at the weather up north and all the snow, ice and stuff.
    I do have to admit though, I DID have to put on long pants one day last week.
    Charlie Freeman
    "No Dial Tone"
    1973 43' DCMY
    Fernandina Beach, Fl
    www.yachtmoves.com

Re: 2/3 Ft Pierce Nutin' But Wet

-29 F this morning in Chicago! DANG ws

4. Re: 2/3 Ft Pierce Nutin' But Wet

Global warming my......... (censored)
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Isn't there a saying about not passing up fish to find fish? BTW it's 12 deg here on Long Island. Threw the heater onboard saturday and did some rewiring. Brrr.
    Last edited by Avenger; 02-05-2007 at 09:15 AM.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

I saw an interesting "statistic" re global warming. Per the recent report, the earth's temp is higher than it has been in 650,000 years and we (humans) are causing it. Now this sounds quite dire (and more importantly, DRAMATIC) but the part that keeps nagging at me is that "we" have caused the temp to rise to it's highest in 650,000 years...but who caused it to be that high 650,000 years ago when there was no we?

My cynical side is showing but I also can't help thinking, "Somebody is making a lot of money on this." I'm just not sure who. Perhaps it's the same folks who made a killing on Y2K!

Hey Mike, good points. My sources show that from 1000 -1300 AD temps ran 3 -5 degrees warmer than today. Human kind did very well durring that timeframe. No cars, no ozone depleating chemicals back then, I don't get it. You don't suppose variations in solar intensity could be impacting temps do you? Regards, Bob K

-10 on the thermometer without the wind chill. Schools are closed. It's supposed to be colder tomarrow. You had better turn up the heat for next month when I come back down. I want to do some fishing and don't catch all the fish before I get there. I like the way you think Mike.

BILL

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP
    I saw an interesting "statistic" re global warming. Per the recent report, the earth's temp is higher than it has been in 650,000 years and we (humans) are causing it. Now this sounds quite dire (and more importantly, DRAMATIC) but the part that keeps nagging at me is that "we" have caused the temp to rise to it's highest in 650,000 years...but who caused it to be that high 650,000 years ago when there was no we?

My cynical side is showing but I also can't help thinking, "Somebody is making a lot of money on this." I'm just not sure who. Perhaps it's the same folks who made a killing on Y2K!

Interesting weather discussion site with debate among meteorologists wrt global warming: http://www.easternuswx.com/bb/index.php?showforum=36

Rickysa, very interesting site and one I will keep checking. Thanks, Bob K