Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The econony of multiple uses

Quote Originally Posted by johngalt
    Scott, Thanks. I've managed to resize and upload a few shots of my boat but in order for the server to accept them I had to make them very small. I've seen other people's attachments that were much larger bphotos than mine and also some that could be clicked on to enlarge. Who knows how to do that? Bruce/aka johngalt
    If you want larger pictures within a post, put them on another site and then just link to them. You can put any size picture in that way. I took Starman's advice and started using photobucket. It's really easy to upload to the site and they have the link that you can cut and paste into your post for each photo. You might try that. I found it to be quite easy. Thanks for the tip Paul.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: The econony of multiple uses

Macs have a builty in email-photo function that allows you to select any number of photos and then resize them to small/med/large/original. Small works perfectly for posting here. It's nice because it works within the OS and there are no intermediate steps involved.

On my old Win (NY) machine I used Picture Window, a great photo program that is about photography, not desktop publishing (Photoshop). It worked very well but, like any add-on program, requires a few extra steps to get the job done.

I am becoming quite the Mac convert...

3. Re: The econony of multiple uses

You are welcome Sky.

Photobucket just went through some changesabout the time I joined here and resizing is a snap now.

I like the "click on " and the "copy" is auto now, and they give the option for sizing for message boards.

I also use hotmail for my emails because sending photos is so easy. The re-sizing is completely automatic.