Here in S.W. Florida most of the intercoastal is 25 MPH wake zones. Although one is responsible for their wake it is time to change that rule.

Time and time again as we are cruising down the intercoastal we see dangerous activities by dumb boaters. And witht that present rule that dumb act that hurts someone could be blamed on a boats passing wake.

We need to push through a new rule that states the captain of his ship is responsible for its safety and the safety of the crew and passangers.

We were cruising south down the intercoastal just south of Clearwater when a 50+ Carver eased into the intercoastal. It was a weekend the captain of the Carver instantly took it upon himself to yell and scream at every boat telling them to slow down. He was telling everyone they were number one etc. etc. He was in the intercoastal clearly marked as a 25 MPH zone.

I almost always cruise at 25 wherever I can in the intercoastal to keep it a 25MPH zone. There has already been many attempts at making the entire intercoast NO WAKE. We as boaters can't allow that, we need to keep them at bay. But they have the "you are responsible for your wake rule" to throw a blanket over the larger boats just waiting to nail you for any ripple in the water.

One time we came back up the intercoastal on a very windy nasty day. Passed about 20 boats one way or the other. These boats were real boaters most were laughing and screeching as they jumped the wake or splashed over it.

About a month later on a nice day same trip there were about 50 boats full of idiots. Most had a big meesage on the side biilbob's boat rentals. I would say about 50% of these boats were doing something stupid.

Then of course there is sailboaters. Nothing against the real sailors as I usually wave and they wave back. But the bad sailors that are screaming at you to slow down while they are under sail in the channel (I believe that's illegal) I just cruise past and chuckle. My son likes to look back and see what kind of roller coaster ride they get. If theyt attempt to move over I attempt to minimize the wake.

If it says 25 go 25 or else one day it's going to say NO WAKE.

Have fun using your boat