Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: How many years?

Re: How many years?

Admiral:
    1 year of boating experience (2 pocket cruisers) and was introduced to the 44TC, my first Hatteras. A steep learning curve indeed. Thankful that I ended up marrying one of her previous owners, who taught me how to maintain the boat. Talk about biting off more than I could chew! Soooo much to learn. But very rewarding in the process.

Captain:
    Had first boat at age 11 (row boat w/outboard).

Hatteri:

First, 34DC.
    Second, 36SF.
    Third, 44TC (see above).
    Fourth, 58YF.
    Fifth, 53MY.

For me it was 48.

I've had a bunch of boats, row boat, runabouts, several Formulas, a trawler I lived on for 10 years, a 39 Searay, and now the Hat.

I came from work one day and during dinner told my wife and son I made a deal on a 58YF.

She said she knew that would happen sooner or later. it wasn't a secret I admired the model. My son was thrilled!

My wife has even come to like the boat.

I'm just pleased I could make it happen.

JM
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Very nice Greg, nice....

Captned
    MBMM
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Like many others here I grew up on and around boats. My parents started when I was 7yrs., and went through many boats, mostly wood, which I have found memories of scraping and painting every spring. Became less and less active in boating beginning my college years and until I married and started having kids. Got back into it in my mid 30s with a 1983 27' Bayliner project boat, had a new engine installed and a rebuilt outdrive but needed everything else-the price was right and I was back in the game. Went everywhere on that little boat(with three kids), eventually moved to a 1961 Chris 36' Connie.
    While cruising with the CC on the Chambley canal in Quebec one year we met up with a Hatteras 43. The owner loved our boat (lots of varnish, it was a pretty thing), and I thought his was nice too. That evening at the marina we took tours of each others boats, and at that time I knew I would have that boat in the future. I'm now the owner of a 43 DC after 46yrs of boating.

Mike53C- Loved your story, and I have a 1960 60hp Gale outboard on a 1959 Lake-n-Sea runabout out in the driveway.

I've been in, on and around boats all my life. Mainly small ones, center consoles, w/A's, etc. And I must admit, I even lusted over a couple of blow boats for a few years.

The last 10 years though,my dream has been to own a trawler. Over the last 3 years, my better half began to share the dream and our search became more serious. We looked at quite a few styles, but I must admit, she was the one who fell in love with Kismet first!

So, we've owned our first Hatt for 5 months. I'm starting to think we may be partly responsible for the end of global warming, because the weather hasn't been kind for cruising since we've owned her!!

We're both 17 years older than Kismet.....

Quote Originally Posted by OBXTucker View Post

We're both 17 years older than Kismet.....
    Haha, I'd never really thought about it that way. Amanda and I are both 6 years older than Saraswati.
    Dave
    "Saraswati" - 1980 53MY
    Galesville, MD