Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Michigan Summer in Jan/ March Launch...or not!

Gee, the winter weather has been so great in Michigan...60 degrees on weekends, etc., global warming and all don't you know, that the CPO and I were talkin' maybe an early April launch, instead of just before Memorial Day as usual. You know the Michigan boating season- Memorial Day to Labor Day!

Well, it hits zero degrees in the Soo (Sault Ste. Marie) the other night and now heavy snow warnings along the Lake Michigan shoreline, something called "lake effect" snow and church was cancelled this morning due to icing everywhere- on my driveway no less.

This global warming has got to steady up...its getting as reliable as a NOAA weather forecast on the Great Lakes. But I mid-winter rant.

OBTW, have you seen the latest bow lines on a Sea Ray in the latest Seaworthy (Boat US' publication) Magazine...of course that's after kissing an ICW bank at speed, due to an errant autopilot...ouch! I think it was a SR...
    Last edited by spartonboat1; 01-15-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...

Re: Michigan Summer in Jan/ March Launch...or not!

Memorial Day to Labor Day? Aw, come on now. Michigan boating season is from April 1 thru mid October. Or as we usually say, you haven't really gotton the full boating season if you don't see snow on the deck in the spring and snow on the deck in the fall. Then you know you got your money's worth.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Come on now SKY be nice. After all, He is another Michigander. He is just a North/NORTH Michigander. You know that us southern Mich. boys have a different winter. I too have been thinking about an early launch. BUTTTTT. Today we just missed the ice storm of the nation, just received rain, lots of rain. YESSS, How nice. I'm scheduled for an April 1 launch. and pull date is November 1. I remember many times of standing on the deck breaking ice on pull-out day. Now we are going to get picked on by that other group. AGAIN.

BILL

I guess I am a lucky member of both groups. I boat in summer, and right now I am sitting on "Unity" reading about the ice in Michigan. And to think I complained about that little shower I got caught in just after washing the boat. Ain't retirement grand.

You Bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill