Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
    Dwight Guest

36 ft. Sedan Cruiser

Does anyone know how to adjust the back sliding doors on my 1986 Sedan Cruiser??? For some reason they are very difficult to move and WD40 doesn't seem to work.
    Thank you,

kdenninger Guest
    Pull them off.

If they're like my salon door there is a captive roller assembly underneath. Its probably trashed.

You can unscrew and clean it up, but if the center of the roller is elongated (and it probably is) then you need to replace them.

The trick is finding exact replacements. I haven't as of yet, but I'm still looking. If you find a source please post or email!

mreed36 Guest
    i have a similar problem with the rollers but i am not sure how to remove the door to get to the rollers .Do you know how to do this.I dont think the top track can only be removed because the flybridge is in the way.If rollers are not available a machinest could make them fairly reasonable .Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

BLM Guest

36 FT. SEDAN

Shouldn't this be in the general forum,not in yachts for sale? And you won't have to read replies from moron sales people who have no business on a yacht owners forum. Anyway, i found new rollers for my 41c on SAM'S MARINE web page. On my doors the slot on the top was deep enough for me to pry up and pull out the bottom of the door. GOOD LUCK

hatteras46 Guest
    Hi guys,
    For what its worth, I bought new rollers, which are for my 46' Convertible with a sliding door, on a two brass, above and below track system, from Sam's. I also bought the 8' of brass tack, the removal of the door was simple, 8 screws and then the door almost fully closed jumps out with a little persuasion. The wood door has two wheel carriages on the top and bottom. The bottom were totally shot, elongated and cracked and broken. I bought two sets from Sam, just in case, and found the tops ok. The only reason I did not replace them at the same time is the scews fastening them to the bottom of the door were difficulut to get out. Robertson screws are the best, yet all screws after 18 years are going to be stubborn. So a nice few taps of persuasion with a correct bit and hammer will loosen them from the age griphold. Once replaced the new trick is getting the door back in. Since the height is now changed due to the new wheels. The easiest way I found was to unscrew the TOP track and remove it, put the door inplace bottom in track and position top of door where it should be. Next slide top brass track back over the door wheels and rescrew back into place. I can tell you after prying to try and get the wheels to slide in up top is not the way. Especially, after 5 coats of Epiphanes. Good luck hope this helps. By the way the door now sits staight, slides smoothe, and locks accordingly. Nice!!

Tim