Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Custom Step Plates

I am looking to find a vendor to create step plates with the boat name that go on the toerail outside the sliding pilothouse doors on a 53 Hatteras MY. I have seen many before, they have the center with the name and then aluminum tracks on the top and bottom.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by outrigger; 11-30-2006 at 01:18 PM.

Re: Custom Step Plates

I had new standards for the navigation lights and name boards made for my 46 C. Made of Star-on an acrylic material. They used a computerized router that engraved the boat name and family logo then gold leafed the lettering. It really turned out nice. If that is something you are interested in, I can post some pictures of it. And give you the contact information.
    Steve Fort
    1983 46-C HP series II
    "Way Maker"

Fort Myers, Florida

SeaEric had these made for his 46 Matthews, and they turned out great. PM him, he knows the name of the company that made them up. They have some kind of CNC machine that cuts these, did a beautiful job.

Smile Re: Custom Step Plates

Marquipt in Fl offers personalized step plates, be prepared although, I'll bet they are well made but not cheap!

Bear'
    1984 61' MY Strategic Plan

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal
    SeaEric had these made for his 46 Matthews, and they turned out great. PM him, he knows the name of the company that made them up. They have some kind of CNC machine that cuts these, did a beautiful job.
    And I am very pleased with them. I designed them myself, and had them accommodate the mount pads for the Marquipt ladder and stair. I also had new "Matthews" logo plates manufactured. The steps plates were around $500. for the pair in anodized aluminum.

the work was done by Al Holt www.holtmarinesystems.com Great guy.
    Last edited by SeaEric; 10-18-2007 at 12:21 PM.

If you're feeling REALLY adventurous, http://www.emachineshop.com/

I haven't tried text, but have used this site to design and price parts. You design your part, choose the materials and processes, and they price the prottotype and production runs.

If it doesn't work out, it's fun getting there!
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

If your really interested I have access to a number CNC mills for Aluminum. You get the art work done and provide material dimensions and I'll have the price quoted. However, one-offs will not be cheap.....my guess your looking at aprox. $500.00

Just ordered mine from Marquipt a moment ago. 5.5" x 24" aluminum with white treads and engraved with my boat name Cost $610.00 total.

Thanks for all the great tips, I am talking with Marquipt now and will be ordering thru them.

thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric
    And I am very pleased with them. I designed them myself, and had them accommodate the mount pads for the Marquipt ladder and stair. I also had new "Matthews" logo plates manufactured. The steps plates were around $500. for the pair in anodized aluminum.

the work was done by Al Holt www.holtmarinesystems.com Great guy.

They sure look good!
    Nice job!
    Steve Fort
    1983 46-C HP series II
    "Way Maker"

Fort Myers, Florida