Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ahoy black sheep!!

Since I feel that I can relate to the class clowns here (hence the "black sheep")
    I have a question about Lake barkley and Kentucky Lake-- My 58 is leaving Mobile this week and headed for Chicago for a refit. I plan on staying in the KY- Tenn. area for the winter. Perhaps I can knock out 2-3000 little jobs before continuing north. Can anyone recomend a marina there that has a travelift capable of handling my boat?? Appreciate it guys, and Pappy Boyington sends his regards from the other side! Anyone who wants to ride for free from Mobile to Demopolis Al. and all points north is welcomed. Bring dirty clothes!! Thanks. ws

2. Re: ahoy black sheep!!

Chicago.............cool.

All my relatives, aunts, uncles, cousins ect..... are in Chicago.

One of my cousins has a 40' Marine trader ( if I remember right ) docked there right off Lake Drive. She was telling me that even "independants" such as myself have to pay union dues and better not be caught "walking the docks " or doing work there without that card !!

Good luck on the re-fit

Re: ahoy black sheep!!

No way Paul!! I usually get 2-3 decent sized jobs a year here by word of mouth.The killer is the few yards around here that want a commision on your fee Everybody has their fingers in the pot.
    On another note, did Chris call you about some hardwood knees that we are cutting? Although we are only using chainsaws to ruff cut them they are coming out of oak and hickory trees that some are 36+ inches in dia.plus a little cherry and poplar. SOLID no crack rounds are here too! I wish we had a sawmill here. This stuff is beautiful!! Let me know if you "kneed any!" ws

4. Re: ahoy black sheep!!

Hey Wild Biil, Randy is out goofing off or else he is dead, since I know he would not pass up an opportunity for some quality screw off time, especially since it is so close to home! LOL I am sure he knows where you need to take her. We should try to get a band of Pirates to make an inland raid and terrorize the land lubbers! LOL I have not been up the big river, so this may be an interesting trip, just make sure to bring your bow and arrow like they did in the movie. LOL You will be in Bubbaland! I didn't know we had promoted you to wing commander, I thought U-Boat commander was your illustrious title!
    Last edited by Boss Lady; 11-05-2006 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com

5. Re: ahoy black sheep!!

Hey Bill,
    yep we did talk about that. I have no need for any right now though. But if you are just looking to get rid of a couple, maybe I can build some sort of "wild " table with those things.

Thanx

6. Re: ahoy black sheep!!

Sign me up there, fellow troublemaker!

Like Chris said, I've been riding my Hatt the past three days instead of whining about everything that's broke or may break on it. Ya'll should have bought this thing when I made the offer. I had so much fun cruising down the river this week-end, I've decided to keep it.

Hey Bill, I'll find you a place to take your 58, and I WILL go with you when you are ready.

Okay Chris, you have to come too! Me and Bill are liable to need someone of your caliber to keep us out of trouble!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Ya'll come down now,Y'hear?? Gotta bring yer own air mattress, bucket, and BANJO Hopefully the sub will be in Demopolis next weekend and we take over and run to Nosepick Tn. My pal GATOR from Plant City Fl will be along as mate. He will definitely fit right in with Randy-- He "just an old preacher" and a heathen too He just LOVES russian girls!
    I'll forward details as they come in. Hey Randy, did you get your " RUN OBAMA RUN" bumper sticker on the front of yer 4X4 yet?? Dont ferget ta vote. Then ya get jury duty. Its a CONSPIRACY.
    Glad yer bacdk, the sandbox was almost empty!! ws

8. Re: ahoy black sheep!!

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill
    Ya'll come down now,Y'hear?? Gotta bring yer own air mattress, bucket, and BANJO Hopefully the sub will be in Demopolis next weekend and we take over and run to Nosepick Tn. My pal GATOR from Plant City Fl will be along as mate. He will definitely fit right in with Randy-- He "just an old preacher" and a heathen too He just LOVES russian girls!
    I'll forward details as they come in. Hey Randy, did you get your " RUN OBAMA RUN" bumper sticker on the front of yer 4X4 yet?? Dont ferget ta vote. Then ya get jury duty. Its a CONSPIRACY.
    Glad yer bacdk, the sandbox was almost empty!! ws
    Hey Bill,

Here is the guy to vote for, and you just got to see his ads! http://vernonrobinson.com/media/twilight.mov
    I had jury duty the week of FLIBS, it is a conspiracy, but it was nice to sit with other law abiding citizens, not a felon in the bunch, imagine that! LOL
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish

Hey Chris-- listening to that guy almost makes me want to register. Last time I voted Pat Paulson lost and Dick won. "Lick Dick in '73" was my motto. My mother hated it LOL !! As of these days I cant bitch about any POLITICOS because none of its my fault. However if some candidate promised marine fuel at .50 per gallon I might be persuaded... Do the coast guard rubber boats have machine guns on them out there yet?? ws

10. Re: ahoy black sheep!!

Matter of fact they do, just in case there is a band of marauding SeaRay owners! LOL

Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish