Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1985 36 convertible need bow pulpit & rails

I bought a boat that has no anchor pulpit. We dive alot and need to throw the hook. Any ideas appreciated.

Re: 1985 36 convertible need bow pulpit & rails

i made my own. there are photos on other threads, look up "new anchor roller"
    I can send you direct e mail with construction photos.

I think I saw one for sale on the Sam's Website. It was the same exact unit I have on my 1985 36C. Make sure you seal the bolt penetrations with thickened epoxy or you will have a core repair like I had to do at the start of this season.

Tom

4. Re: 1985 36 convertible need bow pulpit & rails

I put a pulpit on my 36c a few years back for the same reason. I use my 36 for dive charters and anchor everytime I am out and in some fairly heavy seas. After looking at my options I bought one from Butler Marine in PA after seeing them at the Annapolis show. They made me one a bit heavier duty than the standard and it has worked out perfectly. It came with heavy duty rollers and rails and stanchions that worked right into the existing bow rail. The whole package was in the area of 1200. I can dig up some photos of it if you would like to see.

Crystapaul, Slane Marine builds pulpits. They have a website, google it and you can call and get a quote. They'll even send some photos of their work on your model boat.
    -Chad

Chad,

You are right, it wasn't Sam's it was Slane that I saw the exact pulpit from my 1985 36C. Guess I had Sam's on the brain.

Tom

I am having my 1963 Sportfish completley redone, and I am having a pulpit put in, The company doing it is Universal Fiberglass in Toms River,They are doing a fantastic job on my boat.thier number is 732-905-3726 ask for Kieth he is the owner. let him know the hatteras project he`s working on the owner reffered you. a great guy with some real talent.