Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
  1. Re: Has anyone noticed

Yeah Bubba, as soon as I can get my finger out of my a.., uh, computer and figure out how to do it. I'll be calling you for further directions after I get myself good and confused!

Oh, is it okay to answer a question with an answer on here?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Has anyone noticed

[QUOTE=FREEBIRD]
    Oh, and Ed, get the heck out of our sandbox unless you came here to play!

In short, SHUT UP AND GO PLAY WITH YOUR HATT!!! (or wash it and give it a tune up and unclog your heads).

QUOTE]

And you're suggesting this to me? LOL, I'm not even going to honor it with a reply.....have fun bubba.....it's all about you man!
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

3. Re: Has anyone noticed

Just the part about wondering why you were in the sandbox and not having a good time! The other jab was directed at the purists who wouldn't be caught dead here.

Hey, I've met you in person, and we had a good time, so I know you are capable! Don't go getting paranoid on us now!

PS It was never all about me, you guys (purists) made it that way, not me!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

4. Re: Has anyone noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    quality not quantity is what matters.. heck, this is a site about Hatteras not Sea Rays... see what happens when we let a Sea Ray owner in!
    See, even Pascal has a sense of humor! Hope you don't mind that I put a smiley face in for you instead of that slash dot colon thing you do!

I was actually going to sit down and write a PM to you mods and Doug this morning, but maybe this is a better option so others can see too. Maybe I'm just dumb as to interpreting the posting rules here, but I truly am surprised at what gets zapped and what doesn't. I never cared on the other forum, and I don't care on this one about running up posting scores or getting zapped for that matter. While I don't lose too much sleep over being policitcally correct on certain subjects, I do want everybody to be happy on this forum.

I've stated on more than one occasion that I (and others) treat this site like an exchange of thoughts between myself and a marina full of Hatt owners. That turned out to be unacceptable behavior on the other forum, so we ended up with this one. Somebody made the comment that this section was all about me, but it isn't. It's a meeting place for members of similar interests and styles of discussion. To that end, why not make a slight change in the rules or their interpretation?

I just figure when someone makes the statement that this is not an "anything goes" forum, foul language and inappropriate or offensive topics would not be acceptable. Should it turn into an anything goes area, I dare say no one would post any differently than what has been seen to date. Some of us may be a bit off the wall, but we're all gentlemen here. We do like to socialize as a group from time to time, okay most of the time. But we are Hatteras related as a group, so it only seems appropriate that we speak as one.

Hey Doug, at the risk of being a pain in the stern, how about adding a tongue in cheek disclaimer to the cover page where this section is listed. "Enter at Your Own Risk! " would work. I for one am thankful for this entire site, and I am happy we now have a less formal side to it. We're all experienced boat guys here, but we choose to show our less formal sides when we're among friends. I can't imagine any new Hatteras customers or other guests being offended here. Heck, we demonstrate that boating promotes fun and helps make new friends. The second part of that has proven to be invaluable to me, even more so than the technical knowledge I have gained from the tech section. How many of us would even own a boat if we were required by law not to have anyone but the captain on board? I wouldn't.

Okay, I'm done now, and not a single one liner in the bunch! I see I did use a whole bunch of I's on this post, but I think I speak for a bunch of us on here. We ain't out to do nobody no harm.

5. Re: Has anyone noticed

Quote Originally Posted by yachtsmanbill
    Hey now, home ec was pretty cool too-- 19:1 !! After an hour of close order drill, it was good to settle down and bake a nice quiche lorraine!! Do you remember your "first general order" though?? ws
    Hey, not only did I take typing in high school, I took "Bachleor's Living" as well. There were no girls in the class, but it sure came in handy as I was a bachelor until I was about 35. Granted I became more of a restaurant guy once I got over the minimum wage category, but only because it wasn't any fun cooking and eating alone. Looks like it may come in handy again! I still like the socializing part of eating out and meeting new people, but no restaurant cooks a steak like I do at home or on the boat....excuse me, on the Hatteras!

BTW, I thought the "first general order" was for a Happy Meal at the drive thru window. Or was it wait til the fire is down below two feet before you throw anything on the grill? Oh well, I only got a D- in that course. I think I would have aced it had it not been for that little fire.

6. Re: Has anyone noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Starman
    Best advice I can give, as a past addict, Do not let any message board rule your life. Take it for what it is: Knowledge enhancement, entertainment, and interaction among people who rarely get to meet in person, but when they do, many long term friendships will be created.
    Give that man a cigar! Better yet, give him an unloved Hatteras and a glass slipper!

Hey Bubba, me and you have to talk and/or meet after I get FREEBIRD running on both engines again. She needs some of your kind of help, and you seem like my kind of guy. I'm certain I can add you to the list of people I've met in person through this forum who I'm sure will be friends for life. Besides, anybody who can make Chris happy has got to be damn good at what he does!

All you whiners take note, this is what this forum is all about.

Re: Has anyone noticed

I too, agree completely with Starman. I don't post alot but I do read alot. I hope someday to meet a great many of you. You in particular, Freebird. You kind'a like a FORUM Johnny Carson. Excellent reading. Your stuff brightens my day.

8. Re: Has anyone noticed

Thanks for the kind words. Port Canaveral isn't that far away, so you may just get you wish before too long! Hell, load up and head over to the other coast and go fishing with us on the GuzCruzer. I'll have FREEBIRD flappin' with both wings pretty soon I hope, and I'll have plenty of room for guests. To that end, I plan on meeting as many members as I can who dare to take me up on the invitation!

Hey, I'm not on here to entertain or piss anybody off in particular, I just enjoy hanging out with other addicts. I always have fun when I do that, and it's always good to hear from other folks who feel the same way.

I got to get little Bubba dressed and go make some money! Be back on soon.