Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Tortugas Fishing Trip

Carl, We dont charter, Family boat. Dad pays big bills and 3 brothers do the rest and run it. However since my older brother now has 6pk license, charter could be possibility in future but i doubt it.

Sounds like a happy family

I just remembered the starboard side prop had crab line in the cutlass bearing and I could not turn that wheel at all very stiff will this be bad on the trip I'm not hauling out till January
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Randy,
    I appreciate the invite. We're taking the boat around to St. Pete YC
    for the Ribfest that weekend. Next time you head back, give me a call
    at 727 510 2586 and we'll fish the 32'. You'll see the baby Hatt.
    It parties 10, fishes 5, and sleeps 2!
    Mike

i really don't think that winter is the right time for the tortugas... cold fronts can kick some nasty stuff for a few days at a time... although heading back north from the Tortugas you'd have it on the nose which is probably the best scenario on such a boat.

still, the anchorage is not that protected from what I 've seen although I've yet to go there :-(
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Hey Carl
    I have some good numbers going down that way.
    I will sleep on the bridge.
    Mike

Yep those Nov seas are killing me on the right side as well. I've been tring to go swordfishing for 3 weeks now. Now the wave models are showing 18-20' in the stream Sat. I am thinking I should have got a submarine instead of the Hatt.....No not really!

We got room Mike and an air mattres in case . I'll need the numbers my machine erased all mine
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

8. Re: Tortugas Fishing Trip

Alright you guys, Carl is too much of a gentlemen to bring this up, so I'm going to. I always feed the kitty when me and GuzBoy go GuzCruzin, and I expect ya'll to do the same. If that's a problem, I have an easy solution.

Bring YOUR boat and WE will go with you!

Otherwise, I'll be in charge of the gozintas since I am a math wiz. To be perfectly blount, if Carl is good enough to furnish the transportation, he shouldn't have to pay a penny to go from point A to point B and back hauling our sorry butts around. To that end, the more passengers we carry, the lower the gozintas will be per person. Carl isn't a licensed charterboat captain, but that doesn't mean we can't play a couple of hands of poker and bet a hundred or two on a pair of twos.

Comprenday?
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Chill out Randy I'm sure we'll get some Scallywags to go with us we allways do. It's just a matter of mind over matter and what we don't mind someone else don't matter but we always have a good time and we have plenty of time so relax we have some thinkin to do???
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

There is talk of closing down the Tortugas to all diving and fishing. That should be a cool trip if the weather holds and you may not get a chance to fish it again .