Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 41 motor yacht

41 motor yacht

I am currently the proud owner of a 75 36 hatteras convertible. I've owned the boat for 3 seasons and absolutely love the boat. This past spring we had a new addition to the family and you guessed it. More space would be nice. 3 kids and all the gear for our long trip to lake huron this year, I thought we were going to sink. It just kept coming out of the car.
    When I brought my boat down for storage last week, an old hatteras caught my eye. And it's for sale. The boat is a 1967 41 motor yacht. Currently listed on yacht world in Lasalle Michigan. The boat is in great condition. With every purchase, pros and cons.
    Pros would be more space, within my price range, and diesel. This would take care of my fuel tank dilemma, mine is gas. And most importantly more space. Our oldest kids are 13 and 10 and love to bring friends on the boat. The additional space would be great.
    Cons would be older boat, and outside shape and styling. I like the look and lines of my 36 much better. The back of the 41 has a huge hard top that the admiral doesn't like. She likes to feel the sun on her face while she is relaxing reading a good book. And we would be getting into an older boat. That doesn't worry me, but is always a concern to the admiral. It was tough talking her into the 75 36 HATT.
    Any thoughts and opininions on the style of this boat would be appreciated.

Re: 41 motor yacht

That boat has been for sale for at least 3 years now. I don't know the history but I think Toledo Beach may have taken her on trade and then fixed her up. I am not sure, but I would think whoever owns her would be willing to accept a pretty low offer at this point.

As far as the style of boat, you will enjoy having both the covered back deck as well as the open bow area with the nice seat. Also, the cabin top fwd doubles as a nice sunpad area if you just have a cushion made to go up there. I grew up on a 43DC and I loved that boat. The master is seperate from the rest of the boat and it makes it really nice for the captain and first mate. I think you should take a closer look at it and try to find out the history of the boat.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

there is a member of this forum who has a real nice 41 for sale, you may want to talk to him. Randy, name is Freefbird on this site.

I have an awesome 1965 Hatt 41 DC with no hard top. I want a hard top on mine. If you buy this boat - I would be willing to but the hard top from you! Problem solved!
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

Hey Akin-- your construction pics wont open ws

Patrick, before you look at motor yachts, I would look at larger Hatteras convertibles seriously. For example I looked on YachtWorld and there are quite a few 42 convertibles built in the mid-to-late 70s- there's a particularly nice one in Great Bridge, VA, named "Marianne". Those boats have the classic Hatteras convertible profile and strongly resemble your 36C (I own a 36C as well and think it is the prettiest small sportfishing boat ever built). They have two staterooms with over-and-under bunks which are great for kids, and many of them have 6-71Ns, which are not fast but will run reliably nearly forever. You can also look at 43Cs but the price jump is impressive- it is more like a shorter version of the 45C. Early 45Cs are available as well, for no more than they are asking for the 41 MY you mentioned.

I would take a long look at other somewhat larger Hatteras convertibles. They will be similar to what you already have, they will have diesels, they will hold their value, and look and feel like the boat you have now. If I were trading up, that is what I would look at.

I fixed the links - you can try it again...

I'll be there Saturday morning to pull the boat off the water..
    Akin Tosyali
    Hatteras 41 -Barbaros

Chicago

Barbaros, Hatteras 41' Before and after restoration

8. Re: 41 motor yacht

Quote Originally Posted by 67hat34c
    there is a member of this forum who has a real nice 41 for sale, you may want to talk to him. Randy, name is Freefbird on this site.

Thanks for the referral Steve!

I may have the perfect solution for your needs. I would consider a trade for your 36c depending upon its condition and location.

Looks like I'm going to be a semi-permanent FL resident and would like to fish. Check out my 41DC on this site on the FSBO section.

Give me a call and we'll talk about it. Cell 865/617-6212, office 800/251-9992.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

I just checked your new pix and the 10 meter Trojan on your starboard side is my pal Dale and dad Matts boat--JERRY M III Say hi for me-- he is a wealth of yacht knowlege. Bill Stephan