Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SW Florida Marine surplus/ liquidators

I'll be in Ft Myers in the beginning of November and I was looking for any marine surplus equipment stores that might be in the area. Specifically I'm looking for some vacuflush parts, maybe a new swim platform, and any good deals on odds and ends. Are there any places like this around?

Chad

2. Re: SW Florida Marine surplus/ liquidators

I don't know of anything in Ft Myers, but there is a place, a big one, in St Pete (I think, metro area) called Dan's Salvage. I don't have their number, and you may think this is too far to drive. But from what I saw when I was there, it may be worth the trip.

I bought a 90lb polished stainless steel swivel plow, a 30 something lb fluke, 150 ft of double braided nylon, 15 ft of stainless chain, stainless clevis, and stainless keepers for $1,100. Was later told the anchor alone would have run over $2,500, and all this stuff was brand new.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: SW Florida Marine surplus/ liquidators

[QUOTE=FREEBIRD]I don't know of anything in Ft Myers, but there is a place, a big one, in St Pete (I think, metro area) called Dan's Salvage. I don't have their number, and you may think this is too far to drive. But from what I saw when I was there, it may be worth the trip.

Thanks. If thats my only option then it might be worth it.

4. Re: SW Florida Marine surplus/ liquidators

No problem. I'm in and out of Palmetto, and I go through Ft Myers to see GuzBoy in Naples. Give me a holler sometime and we'll do an eyeballin'.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

"Marine Surplus" in Ft. myers is your place. They have a location in Bradenton too. That is how I know of them, but I they are good to deal with, and nice people.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

6. Re: SW Florida Marine surplus/ liquidators

Hey Pat, I don't remember you telling me about that place. But then, I seem to develop gaps in my memory when I am around you and Mikey. See you tomorrow.

HOPE THAT DIDN'T OFFEND ANYBODY!!!

There is a place in Naples called Marine Tradeing post off Davis blvd but it's not the bigest I've seen maybe 2000 sqft some cool stuff. you may find bigger up where Pat said..call me when your in town we can meet at the boat have a beer and talk boating 239-641-0808
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Randy,

I have told you about Marine Surplus.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

9. Re: SW Florida Marine surplus/ liquidators

Huh? Marine Surplus? What's that? Who are you? Do I know you?

There's a similar place called Sailorman in Ft. Lauderdale, for anyone in town to attend FLIBS. One of those places where you never know what you're going to find, and don't count on seeing it there in a couple of days if you pass the first time. Some items seem priced at full retail, others are actually a bargain. Again, you never know.
    -- Paul