Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Dock Space WPB-FTL

After spending the week-end in Elliott Key, I have come to the conclusion that I may be on the wrong coast of Florida. I lived in Palm Beach Gardens for a while in the late 80's, and found the people there to be somewhat "anti-social" for lack of a better term. Maybe they just weren't "boat people", and I have been given a false impression of what these folks are really like. I could be a snob to fit in, but that just isn't me.

I like Palmetto and Riviera Dunes Marina, and I'm paid through April of next year. After that, I'm a free man. I plan to do a good bit of island hopping, and the west coast is not exactly the best launching platform for that activity. I realize I will pay more for dock space on the east coast, but the proximity to the Bahamas etc. will offset the cost increase. I'd miss the Bustle Boys, but they can drive over and go island hopping with me just as I can drive over and go fishing with them.

It is my understanding that Pascal has an open slip beside him, and Angela is headed to the BVI's soon. Maybe one of those slips would work. I could teach Pascal proper english if we ended up being neighbors! He'll end up sounding like he is from the "south" of France.

Seriously, any input regarding availability and pricing in the WPB-FTL area would be greatly appreciated. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of good lookin' single women with boatless docks would be even more appreciated. Maybe I'd even toss in a finders fee!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Freebird When you say Island hopping. North or South Islands. I like miami a lot have office there. I live in fort myers . I go around alot. When I am there I stay at bayside miami lots to do at marina safe place to leave boat. Easy in and out Gov cut stilsville intercostal all write there. I buy fuel off the truck buy appointment Looks like just in front of Angelas boat . hope this helps.

3. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

I'm talking primarily Bahamas and beyond. I've yet to make the trip, but as I recall WPB to Bimini is the closest route to land. I would certainly consider Miami, but I assume space there is at a premium and wouldn't be the closest point of departure. It would seem to me the less time I had to spend in open water, the better (and safer) the trip would be. As always, I'm open to suggestions.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com

[QUOTE=FREEBIRD] I could teach Pascal proper english if we ended up being neighbors! He'll end up sounding like he is from the "south" of France.

France??? Come on Bubba, I wouldn't do that to anybody! South of Alcoa, TN? OK.

Capt'n Bill

$22/ft and up! We are up in Ft pierce and pay $10.50/ft. Bahamas is about 65 miles from us.

6. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

[QUOTE=(Nobody You Know)]
    Quote Originally Posted by FREEBIRD
    I could teach Pascal proper english if we ended up being neighbors! He'll end up sounding like he is from the "south" of France.

France??? Come on Bubba, I wouldn't do that to anybody! South of Alcoa, TN? OK.

Capt'n Bill
    Hey, Pascal is a French feller (sort of explains a lot don't it?). I figure he could use a little loosening up, southern style. I gave him a crash course, but it looks like he's going to be a slow learner. I'll have to remind him if it weren't for us good ole' American boys, he'd be sporting a German accent.

Seriously, much to my surprise, he seemed like a pretty good fellow. He just needs to lose that accent. He sounds sort of like Pepe LePew after a couple of drinks!

South of Alcoa? You been to Murvull?

7. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

Quote Originally Posted by thoward
    $22/ft and up! We are up in Ft pierce and pay $10.50/ft. Bahamas is about 65 miles from us.
    $22 per foot huh? If thats referring to the beam, maybe I can swing it! Otherwise, they'd have to have some dandy amenities and include electricity.

I didn't remember Ft Pierce being only 65 miles from the Bahamas. $10.50 per foot would be doable, and Ft Pierce would be easier on me running back and forth to TN. I could even run up to Daytona and "Baywatch" during spring break!

How about sending me a PM on specifics of your marina. I promise I won't embarass you if we become neighbors!

I was down in Ft Pierce 2 month ago and it was pretty nice. Especially if you want a short run to the stream or a nice ride in the ditch. I am in Canaveral and have an additional 10-20 miles to the stream but cant do the drive to Ft Pierce every week or I woudl move too. We stayed at Harbortown and it seemed OK but there was other nice looking places too. Its a good option.

Crazy boy,
    Dont forget, your slip neighbors on the other side of you drove in to RD marina from the bahamas and launch from here to the bahamas every time they go. Money talks and if you save enough money, then it does not matter where you launch from. Time is only as much per hour as you value it and what does it hurt to add 6 hours to a trip that is a month long? not much time added in the end. As cheap as you are, you better stay on the west coast.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

10. Re: Dock Space WPB-FTL

So much for missing the Bustle Boys! "Cheap?", me? Hey Bubba, I'm easy, but I'm not cheap! This from a guy who still lives at home with his parents? I may be thrifty, but not cheap! Otherwise I'd trade my Hatts for Bayliners, my CTS-V for a Hundai, and I'd drink Popov instead of Grey Goose or Absolut!

How the heck do you figure 6 hours additional run time to get to the Bahamas from Palmetto? It would take longer than that to airlift FREEBIRD to the right coast! You told me you were an IT major when you went to school. Does that stand for "Impossible Transportation"?

I tell you what, you and that worthless brother of yours go cruising with me and pay 2/3's of the fuel cost and I'll stay at RD. Otherwise, give me back my Hatteras Columbia fishin' shirt, my talkin' parrott, and ride me around for a couple of months and buy me dinner, drinks, and 47 table dances and we'll call it even! Cheap? I'll show you cheap!