Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Manatee Pocket - local knowledge

I've got a question about my current dockage arrangements and could use a little input. Might I get an email to from one of you long-time locals there in Port Salerno? Mike36c or Chrism ?
    I tried to send out private messages...no reply yet.

Thanks in advance. Gregg
    hattaboyg@aol.com
    Gregg Combos
    AWOL, Inc. www.1866myconex.com

Re: Manatee Pocket - local knowledge

We spent 3 years in stuart. Did not keep her in the Pocket. Kept in palm city.Riverwatch Marina . Palm city Bridge. about 30 to 45min ride to the pocket from there. The plus was no bottom care, water is the stuff out of lake okeechobee, no salt. however there is other stuff. anyhow not much grows there so you dont have to mess with cleaning bottom etc. also during hurricanes they pull all boats out of the water, they only charged 180.00 for our 34c. no boats were ever damaged at this marina. the down side is the owner is a real PTA. No owner work at all and they patrol that. However we got away with alot, kept it low key only got caught a few times.

Finest Kind Marina in Manatee pocket is a nice place to stay. Easy to get in and out of and nice people plenty of deep water at the fuel docks. I usually over night there when crossing FL on the Okeechobee.

gregg,

i responded to your pm a couple days ago; not sure what happened. i'll send an email directly. there are 2 large marinas in manatee pocket, finest kind and pirates cove. there are others - mariner cay, port salerno marine, maybe a couple more, plus there are other docks up the st lucie river and the indian river lagoon, but i don't know much about them. they are building a massive marina up the st lucie river near the roosevelt bridge by a place called wahoos, it should be done about now. i just moved to stuart a couple years ago, so i'm still learning the area myself.
    chris maroney
    1974 36c
    stuart, fl

Gregg, They are all nice places. Some more pricey than others. One other place you can consider is the Stuart Corinthain Yacht Club. While there is a short waiting list for a slip you can't beat the rates, and the people!! If you are intereseted send an email to kathy_l@adelphia.net and I'll give you the info. John.

Thanks John...just emailed you.

Nice speaking with you, Chris. Sorry I didn't see your msg earlier.
    Gregg Combos
    AWOL, Inc. www.1866myconex.com

Gregg, as mentioned there are three main marinas, Finest Kind, Sailfish, and Pirate's Loft. Finest Kind is a fishing/charter marina, no restaurant/bar but great bait/tackle and fuel, mostly a fishing crowd. Next door is Sailfish, same as Finest Kind but more slips and haulout available. Pirate's Loft has charters available but is more like a resort with a hotel/pool, bar, restaurant, tackle, etc. I can't comment on price as I never stay overnight. As for safety I think they are all pretty much safe.

Other marinas are Mariner Cay (I think fuel available but thats it), Hinkley boat yard (new docks but nothing there), and Port Salerno Marine (nothing there either) and as John mentioned the Stuart Corinthian Yacht Club. Good luck and send an e-mail when you get into town. msgoodale@aol.com