Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

Quote Originally Posted by Paul45c
    You're just begging for it with that last one, SkynyrdBoy!

Hate to say it, though, but you kind of did capture the, ahem, "spirit" of the CDR. One could never accuse it of being "family friendly," from what I've heard.
    Hey, I'm still here! I've been out delivering safes, but I figured I was okay. I usually feel the hair on the back of my neck stand up just before being zapped!
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

Re: Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

Randy,

Can you open locked safes? One came with my boat and the combination was lost when the previous owner died.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

Needs, Wants & Desires will be there with my Mom & my sister. I need to be far enough away from the action that neither one of them see "anything". Of course, I'll have to do some "cruisin" in the dink. Cell is 301-643-0917. Maybe Friday evening or Saturday AM. Will anchor or raft up.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

I'm looking at the electronic charts. From Ft Lauderdale would you recommend coming into Biscayne Bay below Virginia Key or further south at Biscayne Flats or would recommend some place else?
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Andela :nice try on the safe cracking thats the first thing I showed randy when he was on my boat I have the same problem he said something about calling the company that makes it and getting the original combo and try it ?? I'm still waiting ..
    Tom :to answer your question on CDR route Pascal did a post on this same thred back 2-3 pages about entry points to Elliot key I need to refresh myself
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest
    I'm looking at the electronic charts. From Ft Lauderdale would you recommend coming into Biscayne Bay below Virginia Key or further south at Biscayne Flats or would recommend some place else?
    From memory, which is admitedly faulty these days, I think the best approach that has been discussed is coming in below Virginia key, and running down Biscayne bay...but I'm new at this area.
    Ed G.
    Misty
    '68 41C
    Sanctuary
    '80 58 Motoryacht
    100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    http://www.boat-heaters.com

Coming south along the mainland you have two good choices: Gov't Cut if you want to view Miami's waterfront for a little metropolitan change of pace. Slow cruise along Dodge Island (the ship terminals) and then to the Miami downtown waterfront, head south to the Rickenbacker and then you can motor at full cruise after that to Featherbed bank.

Option two would be entering Biscayne Bay at Cape Florida, the SE tip of Key Biscayne.

Both routes are well marked on charts.

Option 3 is to do the ICW from Lauderdale. Given that my "crew" (i use that term very loosely won't want to spill their beverages, they'll lobby me hard to enter Port Everglades and take the ICW the rest of the way south. Saturday is still calling for 5-7' seas. Heck, it ain't a race, so I just might leave earlier and do that.
    -- Paul

8. Re: Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

Quote Originally Posted by Angela
    Randy,

Can you open locked safes? One came with my boat and the combination was lost when the previous owner died.
    I can open them......

(Note that I did not specify HOW I'd open it.....)
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    I can open them......

(Note that I did not specify HOW I'd open it.....)
    But would I be able to use the safe again after that? And if so, how do I get you to do that?

Being the little pyro that I am, I could open it too, but I'd like to be able to use it.
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com

10. Re: Eliott Key get together Columbus Day Regatta

Angela, Because I have been locked out of a large safe with no one remembering the combination and I never had knolegde of it, I can shed some light on how to get into it. You need to find a locksmith that has an Autodialer. This is a computer machine that continuously tries all combination codes untill it cracks the safe. They will come out and set it up and it normally cost a few hundred $. Before they come out, get them to guarantee to you that if the Autodialer does not work, since they only work part of the time, that if you pay them to drill the safe and replace the lock that you will not be responsible for paying the Autodialer fee.

For us, the Autodialer did not work, so thy drilled the safe and replaced the lock with a new digital one that you can find on new safes. If you need in that bad, I would go that route. Good luck, The Autodialer ran 48 hours on our safe before it failed and never found the combination. Somtimes if the lock h as not been used much in many years, that causes them to not move freely.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website