Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Bound

Florida Bound

.We are in Cape May and this is our first available Internet hookup. We left Detroit on Labor Day. If any of you ever get a chance to transit the Erie Canal from Buffalo to the Hudson River, do it. That is the neatest thing I have seen, and at 65, and having flown the world, I have seen alot. We were never bored on that canal and took tons of photos. "Unity" has finally seen salt water. The run from Sandy Hook NJ to Cape May today was sporting. That old Hat had a big smile and just knocked those big swells and waves down like they weren't even there. A true tribute to the design and construction of these boats. We had the waves from the hurricane in Bermuda with the wind funneling from a Canadian high. No problem for these boats though. It never pounded and we kept the speed at about 16 knots. Tommorrow to Annapolis, (we will try to spend some time with Jim Rosenthal), then away on Saturday to the ICW at mile 0. These are wonderfull boats

2. Re: Florida Bound

Color me GREEN! Please keep up the posts!

Re: Florida Bound

Sounds like great fun. How far South are you going?? Can you make MIami for Columbus Day
    CARL GUZMAN Worrying is interest on a problem that has not yet occurred
    2002 Endeavour Catamaran 44
    NAPLES, FLORIDA

Maynard, give me a call. I hope we can meet up. We are leaving Saturday for Virginia, but will be around through Friday. If you can, let me know where you are staying here in Naptown.

great news Maynard... so did you find a slip down here ?

hope you can make it for Columbus day...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Maynard, Where are you staying at Cape May, how long from Sandy Hook. I'll be following you down, leaving Sandy hook on the 27th. Let me know what your experences were good and bad so I can either stop or go at the same places. Good luck the rest of your trip.
    Skip

We are In Annapolis now and had dinner last night with Jim Rosenthal. Thanks again Jim. We sure will be in Miami by Colombus Day. Trip down from NY should include a stop at Atlantic Highlands south on the inside of Sandy Hook. Cheap fuel and out of the seas. Next came Cape May where we stayed at Miss Chris Marina. This is a small fishing marina with cheap fuel. We then exited via the canal to Deleware bay. Do that only a few hours after low tide and ride the tremendous rolling waves to the C and D canal. This bay sure checks your Hynautic steering system, as those. From Cape May to Annapolis we used the inside helm and avoided the rain and rolling from the waves. The C&D canal is calm and you can go fast. The Chesepeke was rainy and the visibility was short, a real workout for the wipers. Too bad as the few times we could see the shore, it was very pretty. We plan on joining the groop for the Colombus Day outing at Elliot Key, or wherever. I'll just follow Pascal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal
    great news Maynard... so did you find a slip down here ?

hope you can make it for Columbus day...
    We have a seasonal slip at Dinner Key. I don't remember the well # but it is out the dock just north of your dock. I believe it is dock #6. We are told that after 6 months we can convert it to an annual slip.

Glad your having a good trip I am here in work and I am very jealous
    Enjoy Safe trip and calm seas!
    And gas has been dropping GOOD Timing
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard Rupp
    We plan on joining the groop for the Colombus Day outing at Elliot Key, or wherever. I'll just follow Pascal.
    Looks like Pascal is going to be leading the South Florida Hatteras Parade!
    Ang
    1980 58MY "Sanctuary"
    www.sanctuarycharteryacht.com