Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Northern Lights Generator Price

Just got off the phone with a dealer asking about a small generator for my boss's boat. During the conversation they stated instead of the 5kw they had a 8 kw in stock still in the grate 2006 model they would let me have for $7,895. That sounds like an outstanding price. Was already thinking about changing out my old Onan. Can anyone give me any insight to this price. Great or not so great.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

Re: New Northern Lights Generator Price

Does that include a sound shield and/or remote panel? If not, how much more for those items?

Good questions. Didn't ask either but I don't think I'll be getting another sound shield anyway. I guess I need to find out if the remote panel comes with it. Getting the price of a remote panel.
    Thanks,
    captbuddy
    Last edited by captbuddy; 08-30-2006 at 03:52 PM.

I bought the 9kw (same engine and weight as the 8kw) three years ago, it has just under 2500hrs now with zero issues, great generator. I purchased the factory sound shield too, it's ultra quiet and easy to service.

Mike,
    If you don't mind me asking, what price did you have to pay for the 9 kw?
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

Just got a call back with a price on the remote panel. Quoted me $485.00 for the SC3 model remote panel.
    captbuddy

That's probably about right....maybe a little high. You might shop it around a bit. They are really nicely set up, they just plug in. The remote panel includes another harness, I think.

The price on the genset itself is a very good one. A dollar per watt is a good deal, no question about it.

Their sound enclosures are very effective and well made. Make sure it will fit in the boat before you order it. They are kind of large. Also, Bay Shore Marine Engines here in Annapolis had a leftover sound enclosure a while back that I wanted, but it would not fit into Blue Note. You might call and see if they still have it. It was a good deal, as it was just hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by captbuddy
    Mike,
    If you don't mind me asking, what price did you have to pay for the 9 kw?
    Thanks,
    captbuddy

I was afraid you were going to ask that question, my recipts are buried in the spare room. I'll try to find it but if I remember correctly it was just under 9K with the remote panel (the one with gauges) and the next generation sound shield. If you wait for a boat show deals can be made.

Put a 6KW Northern Lights on our 1977 36C last year w/o sound shield. Noise level is fine, not nearly as loud as the Onan. We have a thick oriental rug over the salon carpet and a sofa on top of the gen set. Runs both ACs, refrig, waterheater etc. no sweat. No problems in 15 months. Starts easy, runs great, good quality clean power to TV, VCR, stero, etc. Have a friend with a 9KW with sound shield VERY quiet - hardly know its running. Great gen sets. Regards, Bob K

10. Re: New Northern Lights Generator Price

I paid around $8K for a NL 8kw new in the crate. I will check the invoice tomorrow and can give you an exact price. Delivery was free.
    Chris
    1973 48' Yachtfish
    "Boss Lady" my other expensive girlfriend.
    Follow the refurb at www.starcarpentry.com