Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If Money Was No Object!

Ok guys:
    I asked this question on another forum a few years ago, but those guys weren't as sophisticated, or knowledgeable as you guys.
    You hit the lottery for a hundred million. (it could happen). So now what?
    Would you keep the boat that you have, get something bigger, smaller, faster, newer, or have several boats.
    Me: I'm a simple guy with simple tastes. I'd like a relatively new, but not brand new 55 Hatteras C. I luv the lines and looks of a 1998 or so. Big enough for the canyons, small enough to operate with a small crew. Would you buy an island, with your own docks? Move to a certain state?
    If money was no object, what would you buy?????????
    regards
    gunsmoke

Re: If Money Was No Object!

I like my 50, but if money was not an object, I would buy a new 68 Convertible and Tournament Fish. I love the new 68, I got to go on it in Ft. Lauderdale last year and the ammount of space is incredible. Plus, I would probably move on it since I am single and dont care about space much.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website

3. Re: If Money Was No Object!

Hey Steve,

If I hit the lottery, I'd keep ole' FREEBIRD and fix her up real nice. I love the lines of this old gal and think she's the classiest thing those New Bern boys ever turned out. I'd buy that slip I'm in at Riviera Dunes and buy the one Pat's in and have him thrown out! Just kiddin', I'd give it to him so we could be neighbors forever. Then I'd outfit FREEBIRD with some gas turbines, an ultra-lite helicopter, and torpedo tubes for anybody who pissed me off.

Hey Pat,

I wish I'd known you didn't care much about space. I wouldn't have bought you that Hatteras telescope I found at Deep River!

You boys should be asleep at this time of morning unless you have a 3 year old like me.
    1974 58TC "Freebird", 1965 41DC "Nancy Cay", For Sale - Click HERE for info - sosectn@aol.com
    Randy Register - Kingston, Tennessee - aka Freeebird aka Sparky1
    www.forumlychallengedboaters.com

With lots of disposible income from a Lottery hit, I would give the Banshee to my mate, and have a brand new Ricky Scarbourgh built, nothing to fancy or fast , just a really really nice charterboat, about 50-55 feet long.
    JW

5. Re: If Money Was No Object!

The Cape Horn 68, or 82, probably the latter, with a full-time crew.
    http://www.denninger.net - Home page with blog links and more
    http://market-ticker.org - The Market Ticker

Money is no object? Fuel cost no object? A big enough MY to hold a small offshore-type center console on it with a big fatboy davit. I figure that's a good have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too, kind of plan. The big boy for supreme accomodations, the cc for fishing & diving and dual role as a kick-butt tender. And, of course, all the time in the world to live aboard and cruise her anywhere you please. I think that would be livin' the dream.

Rather than hijack this thread with a tangential idea, I'm gonna post another one that this thread made me think of. "Paradigm shift."
    -- Paul

FUN THREAD! I'd have my 58YF painted by Tung Loo and keep her here in Louisiana for local cruising. Then I'd get a big boat with crew to keep in the Bahamas. That would be the best of both worlds for me. Now, off to buy that powerball ticket....

For me it would be the old original 70 Hatteras Motor Yacht. It is the most beautiful mid size motor yacht design ever to come from Jack Hargrave's vast talent. That boat with modern paint, machinery, interior and electronics would be comfortable and reasonably managable.

Money NO object? since when did money become an object....?

I would get a Series II 45 convertible, and send it to Tom Slane for the biggest engines that could be stuffed in, and a few other updates, plus a comprehensive cosmetic refit. I actually thought about this more than it seems......I wouldn't want a boat too big to handle by myself, hence the limited size.

Motor yacht? I'm in agreement with Eric on the 70MY- they are just incredibly pretty boats, and very well laid out. No bridge, just a huge MY with space for all my friends. And a few motorcycles.

And I HAVE to mention: the 1966 Chris-Craft Roamer, 57', that was in Solomons with our CYCA group last wkend. Not a Hatteras, but if you haven't ever seen one of these, you have missed a treat. Eleven were made, four are left, and this has to be the best of the lot. A sublimely beautiful boat.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal

And I HAVE to mention: the 1966 Chris-Craft Roamer, 57', that was in Solomons with our CYCA group last wkend. Not a Hatteras, but if you haven't ever seen one of these, you have missed a treat. Eleven were made, four are left, and this has to be the best of the lot. A sublimely beautiful boat.
    Hey Doc......break out the checkbook : http://www.boatsville.com/find_used_...AFT&enhfirst=1