Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Stripped throttle threads

Yesterday my starboard flybridge throttle arm stripped off the control while running the boat. I would guess that these are the original Morse Controls MT-2 I think. It was held on by the set screw so I loosened it and removed the arm and used a vice grip for the rest of the day. My question is what are my options for fixing this stripped control taper. It seems the arm and the control part are both well worn. Short of replacing the entire Morse binnacle control with new arms is there the possibility of welding it back on? Don't really want to replace any more than I have to. Thanks.

Re: Stripped throttle threads

SCott, I think I still have some old Morse stuff left over from when I replaced my Morse controls. Will you send me a PM with your email address and I will look? There may be some parts in there you can use to rebuild what you have. You are welcome to any of it, with the proviso that you don't return anything. A digital photo of what broke will be helpful as well, if you can, but if not don't worry about it. Include your ph number as well, if anything I have can be of use I will send it to you.

Re: Stripped throttle threads

There are Arms avaliable for a lot of the Morse Marine products. Check out a few catalogs and you should find one. Most of the new parts are Stainless. My old ones have Chrome Plated Arms.
    Pat Bustle
    Palmetto, Florida
    1984 38 Topaz Express "Aranmore"
    Broker, United Yacht Sales
    Visit My Website