Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: SR2 Converted to Office / Library / Guest Room

Did you have these fixtures in there before you tore it up and if so, do you still have them?
    Attached Images

sorry, I didn't have them...the lighting in there had been removed prior to my purchase.
    The Traveler
    1969 53' Classic MY
    Scott Prosser

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynec
    Beautiful!! I hope the admiral does not see this or she will once again start pushing me to go up to a 53 or 58.

Hopefully will get the Admiral over again to e dock soon so we too can move up. Seems with baby on the way i got a hankering for looking at Hatts again.

Noel

PS. Great Job Scott as always
    Noel Russell
    40' MY Aft Cabin
    Lincoln Harbor NJ

SWEET Love too see it with computor and other stuff in place. With todays world of people wanting to stay in touch and work 24/7 I think he made a good Improvment to the boat for resale, plus its still does have one bed. Guess your going to have it all hooked up for your trip?
    Dan
    End Of The Line II
    1967 34C

EOTL II Rebuild Web Page

><(((º>´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸><(( (( º>¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸¸><(((º>

Hey, I just had an idea. How about doing this same conversion but also adding an upper bunk or an upper folding bulk? That way you lose no sleeping space and still get the office space. Hummmmm, something to think about.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Another option I explored was having a second bunk trundling out from underneath the daybed / bunk .... I opted to put 4 drawers in instead b/c as well all know, storage is a must...especially once you bring work into your boating life! But, I looked at it and it would have worked out fine. Basically, you would have had one large "drawer" that pulled out into a second bunk. It could have either had drop down legs to support, or have been hooked to front side of desk once extended.

Thanks for compliments!

Yeah, i got printer installed in closet last night...ran electric and cords through hole that comes out behind desk and up through to desk top (to hook into computer) - (for 53 owners, you realize that there is also my exhaust hose hidden back under there). i put in a removable "wall" underneath desk that goes in and out with 4 screws for access. I also put in a hidden 5 plug inlet in those sliding mini cabinets, so one can work on desk with their laptop and plug in to AC no problems. The final touch would be to have a little flatscreen tv suspended from right hand corner cieling above desk, so that while working you could watch the news or laying in daybed you could watch television....but that isn't possible in this year's budget!
    The Traveler
    1969 53' Classic MY
    Scott Prosser

Scott,
    If you haven't already added those pictures to your "galley", you should think about doing it. That way they will come up from time to time on the random pics section and others will see them even after this thread is long ago buried in the archieves.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI