Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bottom paint

Bottom paint

Can anyone give me a ball park figure for bottom painting on a 50ft Hatteras. Price per ft.? Thanks

Re: Bottom paint

In Colorado ??

To help answer;
    Area boat is operated?
    How often the boat is operated?
    Dive service available?

Your local yard may be able to answer this better than I.

Paint prices have gone off the roof. Left coast prices even more.

My bottom is being painted today. Time and materials quotes and a straight quote for $150 per foot produced around the same price of $10k for a 62 foot boat. Petit XSR and SeaHawk were the two paints in the quotes. Quotes were given sight unseen so bottom condition had nothing to do with it. My bottom had not been painted in 7 years but I have divers and its always clean.

I think painting the bottom is one of my least favorite expenses.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1985 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

Sounds about right. 58' LRC just painted. Bottom part of the job was about 10K, including haul/wash/block, sanding, running gear and zincs. 2 coats with 3 on waterline.

FWI, used ablative over Trinidad hard as I'm trying to keep buildup to a min.

Work was done in Ft. Myers.

5. Re: Bottom paint

Feels high to me. I just had my 55 C done including a light sanding for $2,735. $1,485 in labor and 1,250 for supplies ($340/gallon X3 for Pettit Hydrocoat).
    SCUSI
    1981 55C
    Hull #: 328

Not counting the haul/wash etc., my 53 was just blasted to the fiberglass, filled, sanded, primed painted and new zincs. Total came to just over $5k.

Edit note: after looking at the invoice I see that the actual total came to $7,500. I had the hull blasted, blisters filled and faired in, two coats of barrier and two coats of Paint, Interlux Ultra.
    Last edited by RJM; 05-12-2024 at 11:25 AM. Reason: A more accurate price
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

I will be hauling out for ins survey, bottom paint, underwater lights, and some prop repair in port Canaveral in the next month or so. Last bottom job was 3 years ago, down to the glass, started over with 3 coats of Woolsey yacht shield that, according to divers, has "held up well but it's time". It looks like the Woolseys is now sea choice branded. At $170/g, I'm inclined to go back to it but spec sheets don't match up exactly. Has anyone used the sea choice yacht shield?
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears