Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1978 Hatteras 58' Yatchfish, $75,000 for wuick sale

1978 Hatteras 58’ Yachtfish for sale. Should have sold a couple of years ago when my mechanic who took care of the boat for me since I bought it 2001 died. We used it from Cape May, NJ to Key West, Fl with multiple trips to the Bahamas. 8v71Tis with around 2000 and 2400 hours that are in good condition. 20 KW Northern Lights generator and 8 KW Westerpeake that needs work. Watermakers Inc watermaker. Fuel polishing system. Fuel priming system. Alge X and RCI fuel purifier. Bow spray rails, And the list goes on and on. Electronics need to be updated, raw water systems treated with Barnacle Buster and bottom needs to be cleaned and painted. Top sides need to be painted. Needs a handy new owner. Has Wilcox Seabrace Stabilizers that work. Includes 14 Caribe RIB with 60hp 4 stroke Yamaha. This boat has brought us unbelievable joy. Best thing we have ever owned. Priced for quick sale at $75,000. Contact me at tomrealest@aol.com. Boat is in Ft Lauderdale. Has made many trips from Chesapeake Bay to Ft Lauderdale.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Re: 1978 Hatteras 58' Yatchfish, $75,000 for wuick sale

Wow!! Great price for a nice 58YF. Are you keeping the 46?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

The admiral just commented (she saw the for-sale on Facebook this morning) and said "if the timing was better we'd be over there tomorrow..." but unfortunately we're still not in that position. Good luck.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    The admiral just commented (she saw the for-sale on Facebook this morning) and said "if the timing was better we'd be over there tomorrow..." but unfortunately we're still not in that position. Good luck.
    Its only $75K. Get over there!!!
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Its only $75K. Get over there!!!
    2 problems. Well, 3. Dog is still very much with us and we won't do that to him. No marinas available in our vicinity currently allowing liveaboards. Admiral is still working full-time, so there's that. We'd be over there otherwise.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Wow!! Great price for a nice 58YF. Are you keeping the 46?
    I sold the 46 several years ago.

Phyllis and I just got back to Ft Lauderdale so I ran over and took some pictures.
    Every time I go over there I see stuff I did not put in my post. Today I noticed the Hunter Douglas blinds in the salon. The Lookout brand fiberglass frame replacement windows for the galley and the sliders in the salon. The Raritan Elegance model head in the guest head. The Amtico floors in the galley, v-berth head and MSR head. Furuno Radar GPS with new screen. extra 50 amp cord. Around 2500 hours on Starboard engine. About 1800 on Port engine. That engine got a new long block around 2004 or so. Spray bow rails. Newer and more robust davit. And so on.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Great boat!

That's a good price

Sent email to aol account.

Don C