Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

detroit 6-71 485 hp

i know a guy that bought a 46 ocean and it is ate up with termites, he is looking to sell the whole deal for 5000.00 dollars. might be a good deal for someone wanting the engines
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: detroit 6-71 485 hp

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    i know a guy that bought a 46 ocean and it is ate up with termites, he is looking to sell the whole deal for 5000.00 dollars. might be a good deal for someone wanting the engines
    I often dreamed of cutting a SF down to a fat CC or open express.
    But if it is full termites, It can't come near any yard or dock around here.

I walked away from a 70’er in San Diego years ago because I found thousands of termites on board. I brought mine up from Long Beach and found a smartest in mine. Fortunately I found and killed them quickly.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    hey. can you pm me his contact info. thanks

I had no idea you could get termites on a fiberglass boat. Evidently they have enough wood in them to make them attractive to termites?

Had termites on my 34 and had to have it tented in the water. Bought a 46 Bertram that had termite damage. To a certain point you kill them and the boat is fine. If too much damage then most boats are done for good.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

We had a member here who lost his 48MY to termites
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

owner needs this thing gone..he said its free if anyone wants it. he sold the property it was tied up to
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.