Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: CRUISAIR Thermostat Upgrade ?

That Honeywell thermostat is expensive because it's over 50 years old. I have one one my workshop furnace. I think it has a mercury switch in it not a bimetal coil. I'm not sure you can control the fan on a cruiseair unit with that thermostat. Changing to SMX control is a worthy upgrade.

Walt Hoover

The ad above for;
    "Heavy Duty Line Voltage Thermostat" Could be correct. Like the 3 knob control, all is switched rite there.
    Or,, relays deal with the heavy current in the box.

Were all just guessing till some specs or pictures come in.

Quote Originally Posted by IOLANI View Post
    This looks to be an active link on Amazon but the price says $340. I can't find the same link I found last night for $238. Maybe now that you have the actual part number you can look for better pricing.

https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-T60.../dp/B00097BE0E
    Thanks for the link

Just popped the cover to take a look. Not much to see so far except 40 years of dust.

IMG_0222.jpg

Not going to dig any deeper tonight because it's line voltage and it's running heat right now (50 degrees here in NJ) and I don't want to incur the wrath of the Admiral by opening a can of worms and winding up with no heat. Just peeking behind that front plate though it doesn't strike me as the type with a lot of options.
    I'll see if I can dig up a manual for it online now that I know the model number.
    1986 54 Hatteras MY IOLANI

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Thanks for the link
    Before you go ahead and order check out this link...has the same part number as mine sans the -1 suffix. Description is poor doesn't indicate if it's line voltage but for that price it's worth looking into.

https://controlscentral.com/eCatalog...ell&ViewType=2

This looks like it could be the manual/wiring diagram for it. Model T6052B. I'm not seeing any fan options....

https://prod-edam.honeywell.com/content/dam/honeywell-edam/hbt/en-us/documents/manuals-and-guides/installation-guides/95-6979.pdf

I threw 4 of these out when I upgraded. I had no idea anyone would ever want them. The new stuff is so much better.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Seems just like a fan control page is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Seems just like a fan control page is missing.
    The fan runs continuously with this setup.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by IOLANI View Post
    Before you go ahead and order check out this link...has the same part number as mine sans the -1 suffix. Description is poor doesn't indicate if it's line voltage but for that price it's worth looking into.

https://controlscentral.com/eCatalog...ell&ViewType=2
    Thanks that saves quite a bit of money. As to wanting these instead of the new ones-- They lasted 40 years. I have had the SMX and the ones I had didn't last 10. Computers and circuit boards tend to go bad with power surges or lightning nearby. I prefer the old technology even though the temperature swing is greater. In Florida they pretty much run all the time anyway. Also it is a direct replacement. No fishing wires, re-wiring, etc. I am pretty lazy