Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Pilot house vs / Flybridge

There's a 53 for sale in Cape Coral that has had it's price reduced several times. "Assisted Living". Flybridge has been completely removed, and from pictures I've seen, it's as if it was never there. However, boat davit and cradle are still there. If we were back in the market already I would look at it, but I really want a flybridge.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    We have aged from 90 percent flybridge to 90 percent pilot house and I miss the flybridge for all of the joyful reasons cited.

Skin cancer (because I was young and vain) has me in full length sleeves, trousers, hat, and buff whenever outside including the FB. Many of my fellow crew have even worse issues. The bimini only affords SPF 15ish protection and the reflection from the water and white fiberglass requires sun protection. So unless the boat is full of young people, we find ourselves knocking out long hours on cruise in the pilot house and salon.

An enclosed FB with a bed and head would be ideal for our current use profile. We could also benefit from a time travel machine if someone has one for the right price.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1985 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa
    I think we're all looking for that, Bruce. If you find one, maybe we could all get a volume discount.

Fly bridge except while moving around at slip and pump out, single handed so have to be at helm station to get to lines
    Admiral-- Marilyn
    Captain--James
    1980 43 DC Hull#526
    Twin DD 671 TI

Flybridge whenever warm enough. I've purposely left it open except for a bimini as well... I'm up there by myself most of the time as the admiral never gets warm enough even in our short summers.UPR Helm 3.jpgBKMPE3303.jpg
    Matt
    1976 58' YF, Hull #410
    "Time Out West"

75% Flybridge. Most times we're in the pilothouse but on nice warm days we are up top. We call those flybridge days.

And I've never understood people enclosing the flybridge with eisenglass when they have a pilothouse.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Love it up there. Always open but covered when not in use.
    Attached Images
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California