Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

House Batteries....

Questions on your house batteries. What is life expectancy for these batteries? Do you wait for then to go bad and then swap then out or do you swap then out periodically ?

Re: House Batteries....

I just replaced my house bank (12Volt 8D's) that was beginning to fail after 4 years. These are standard lead acid. I have a wal mart ever start battery on my skiff that was manufactured in 2018 and it still turns the engine over. Will probably replace this year as good measure. Same boat had an AGM for the electronics that was dead at 2 years when I bought the boat. Got 4 1/2 years out of the starboard starting bank on my 55 C. (8 volt 8 D) lead acid

I am a firm believer in Rolls Surrettes. Yes they are pricey but if you take reasonable care of them they will last 10 years. They are really heavy, the real deal.
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

2nd for Rolls Surrette - I got 10 years out of last pair of 8D's - and they were still going, I only replaced out of fear they would die. I'm on year 6 of my 2nd set. Justify the extra cost and weight by amount of work to get old ones out and new ones in.
    Scott
    1976 43DCFB ,Hull #428, “Exodus”
    Long Island, NY