Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Ok I give up what is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Now this could be a sad issue.
    I'm sure that stud is attached before the door panel is assembled (cold rivet?)..

I see some an adventure installing a new stud on that cap in your future. QAlready have some ideas.
    Where you at?
    I was thinking the same thing when I read that. Back when I had my shop lathe I would have just turned one with a threaded end and installed a nutsert in the top of the door and screwed it in with a drop of Loctite.
    1986 54 Hatteras MY IOLANI

Ralph they ran me out of Louisiana too. I am in Florida now. Mine being gone doesnt really seem to be an issue. The door stays shut fine and there is a button strap to hold it open while at sea. If it is a chore to repair I will probably let sleeping dogs lie.

So I looked a little closer at the shower door today...there's two screws up top which make it look like you may be able to pull the top rail off the frame and get to the bottom side of that post and repair it or install a new one....

IMG_0098 (1).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by IOLANI View Post
    So I looked a little closer at the shower door today...there's two screws up top which make it look like you may be able to pull the top rail off the frame and get to the bottom side of that post and repair it or install a new one....
    That might be worth a try but with my luck that glass is bedded in with butyl caulk or worse. I wonder if one could tap the aluminum rail and run a machine screw through the center of the spring holder

The aluminum would probably be too thin to hold more than one or two threads. You would need a nutsert it looks like a rivet with internal threads in it for just this kind of situation.

I had my shower door apart. The panel was only held in with a vinyl spline but it did break when I took it out. I replaced it with clear lean.

Walt Hoover