Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

scam allert. scam alert,scam alert

i have posted that i was looking for helm seats. someone sent me a PM saying that bfdfirefighter had a pair for sale and gave me a seperate email of dodgers4life. i sent a PM to bfdfirefighter confirming it was him and also sent an email to other account. bfd never responded but i did have a phone call with the party. clearly indian scam trying to sell me a set of stidd seats.
    they couldnt answer any boat questions and this is clearly a scam.
    initial person to contact me was gregbent31 fron the forum
    they are trying to use bfdfirefighter16 account
    and the email is dodger4life
    the phone number used is 858-367-5076
    moderator can you look into it to protect others and buyers beware.

also, still looking for helm seats

Re: scam allert. scam alert,scam alert

Also found a scam on turbo blankets for 12V71s. I spoke to the guy in Houston, Texas. I could hardly understand his English. It seem to be a little fishy so I backed out. The next thing I know I see the exact same photographs on another site and the guy is in Colorado. When I question him about the exact photos on another site in Texas, he backed away and stopped returning my calls. Watch out.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

These scams have been going on for years in the classic car world with either cars or parts being advertised by scammers who pick up pictures for legit listings. I don’t buy anything from someone I don’t know or who is personally recommended unless it’s in person.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Erik, I sent you a PM.
    Jim Rosenthal