Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

First fishing trip of the season

I managed to sneak out Monday and enjoy the 70 degree wx here in CT. 3 of my buddies and I anchored over a wreck off New Haven (damn near impossible with a power down windlass, btw) and managed 4 nice keeper tautog. Pretty slow pick, but we all went home with some fillets. Great day on the water with good friends, good bloody marys, and great fish. I didn't take any pre-fillet pics, but here's the "after" pics of fresh blackfish meuniere...

IMG20240416192126.jpg

IMG20240416192138.jpg
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: First fishing trip of the season

Looks good when do you plan the first canyon run?
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Send some of that down to FLA ...
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Looks good when do you plan the first canyon run?
    Depends on the wx and gulf stream eddies. Hopefully June full moon or shortly thereafter.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Send some of that down to FLA ...
    Better yet, let's go fishing the next time you're up. Iirc, I owe you a trip.

No hot dog pics?
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Sore subject Randy. Ate a ham sammich while out fishing. I did a valve job on the Northern Lights genny over the winter. Finally got it assembled last week and now she won't even crank. Swapping out the Start Relay tomorrow hoping its the problem. I can barely see the starter solenoid with a mirror, much less get a meter probe down to it.

Nice to see you back around though. Don't be a stranger here. We miss you (well some of us do).

Some good looking eats right there. Now I know why my small galley is lacking to you. But gotta add we did eat well on the hook tonight.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP