Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Water leak from bridge into the salon on 1979 53YF

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Rather than using a thicker screw I installed a half inch longer screw. That way, I grabbed onto some new wood and as I stated, filled the entire void with 4200 and once it screwed down, it is out which then completely blocked the water from getting in.
    Shoot, I didn't think there was anything deeper to bight into or I would have done that.
    Good to know for any future screws I might need to replace.
    Thanks Rusty!
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Re: Water leak from bridge into the salon on 1979 53YF

I recently just completed a full rooftop rebuild to include an entire roof core replacement. i have tons of pictures to upload, but this forum is not easy to upload the pics, but ill post it somehow.

in short. you will need to eliminate ALL flybridge screws that screw down the bridge to the rooftop then fiberglass the entire bridge to the rooftop. but be advised, do to the balsa core construction, once the balsa is wet it will rot away and all structural integrity is lost.

I get started on my post on this subject. stay tooned on Siboney 2.0 thread.
    Mario
    1972 58' Hatteras Yachtfisherman
    Siboney