Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 32v Charger WTB

Talking 32v Charger WTB

In need of a replacement charger until I can diagnose issue w/ my Outback inverter/ charger (didn't start up after replacing port & stbd batteries). If you have one laying around
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Re: 32v Charger WTB

I replaced my original 32v charger with a Sentry in 2019. The unit charges two 32v banks independently.

The unit has a fuse that protects it but will shut it down when necessary. The first time the fuse blew I shipped the unit to Sentry and it returned in a week working great. The second time I removed the plate that says DO NOT REMOVE and changed the fuse myself. Otherwise its been a great unit and my battery life has been twice as long as with the La Marche unit it replaced.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1985 52 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

Thanks Bruce, I'm trying to locate installation manual as it's discontinued model. Some things are that easy!
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Where are you located? I have a spare I’ve loaned out if you’re in Florida and want to come get it
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Located in SC! Got a electrical engineer friend hoping to look at tomorrow. Thanks & will let ya know
    James
    53' MY "No Regrets"
    I.O.P, S.C.

Hello:

I have a LaMarche here with the manual. Located in Michigan. It works just fine. Free for you to pick up or pay shipping.

DC

i have had one for years. here is the manual
    https://www.outbackpower.com/downloa...e_operator.pdf
    that is operators manual and troubleshooting should help.
    installation manual you asked for is here.
    https://www.outbackpower.com/downloa...le_install.pdf
    Mine is the vfx 3232 and I have it charge 1 or 2 banks with a combiner, and invert from up to 3 banks. Have 2nd charger (thanks Sky) that is dedicated to 2 banks, but with perko switches can adapt.
    Last edited by carolinacoast; 04-18-2024 at 04:59 AM.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750