Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High Point, NC

High Point, NC

Funny, I was raised in High Point, NC... Lived there for most of my childhood from 1960 to 1968... went back to visit from 1968 up to 1992 when my father died. Also, as I am black, I lived on the black side of town not too far from Kevitt Drive where Hatteras had their factory. Yet, growing up and visiting my family there over the years I NEVER that was where Hatteras built their boats until just recently, when I went back to High Point and noticed an old and faded Hatteras sign on several of their now vacant buildings. Small world!!

In High Point all we talked about was furniture and tobacco. Never heard anyone mentioned Hatteras.
    Last edited by julianj08; 04-12-2024 at 11:37 PM.
    1974 Hatteras 38 Double CabinHull 3610474On the hard in Demopolis, ALAnd74 Hatteras 58 FishermanOn the hard in Demopolis, AL

Re: High Point, NC

I have been through there many times over the years (travel for work). Never saw this. What is the address? I want to stop by next time through. Not sure about my 46 but the 34 was certainly built there.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by julianj08 View Post
    Funny, I was raised in High Point, NC... Lived there for most of my childhood from 1960 to 1968... went back to visit from 1968 up to 1992 when my father died. Also, as I am black, I lived on the black side of town not too far from Kevitt Drive where Hatteras had their factory. Yet, growing up and visiting my family there over the years I NEVER that was where Hatteras built their boats until just recently, when I went back to High Point and noticed an old and faded Hatteras sign on several of their now vacant buildings. Small world!!

In High Point all we talked about was furniture and tobacco. Never heard anyone mentioned Hatteras.
    We lived south of Raleigh in Fuquay-Varina for 21 years and never knew Hatteras was originally in High Point... But if you go back to visit, get some pictures please!
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"