Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Really sad news Tom Slane

Just was told Tom Slane has passed. Have known Tom since the mid 80's, just such a great person, always was there for us when we needed help, etc. I know he has been fighting it for a very long time, always with a such a positive attitude. I will miss him greatly, this community has lost probably the person with more knowledge about our old boats than anyone else. Just sad. Prayers for Tom and his family..
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

Re: Really sad news Tom Slane

Did not know Tom personally, but God Bless him and his family during this difficult time.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

That is sad news. I've only met him once, and that was by phone when he called me about something I was selling or buying, but he seemed to be a real gentleman. My condolences to his family and friends.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

That's really sad. I got to speak with him while I was starting on my bulkhead project and he was really nice and very helpful and willing to share information. Sixty nine is way too young in this day and age. RIP Tom.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Spoke with Tom a couple times and I will attest to his do anything for you attitude. Just a really good guy in my book.

I have never personally met or talked to Tom but I give thanks for all he did for our old Hatts. He was a wealth of knowledge! Praying for peace for his family.