Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Water Tanks not filling up

Ok. I'm going to check all of these things and report back!

FYI, I put in a new 4.8 gallon accumulator tank... but pump comes on the moment I turn on water, so I don't think it's doing much.

But, wouldn't that offset any tiny leaks?

thanks!!!
    Shay

What is the pressure in the bladder of the pressure tank? With pump pressure at zero, check the tank. It should be set at the same as the cut-in pressure of your pump.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

pressure is 40psi, but no water in it... not sure why. I haven't had a chance to figure it out. I've been a little distracted this week, sorry. The Windlass Saga if finally coming to an end, got the bimini top on, got the old name almost off, replaced my 7 step stair with an 8 step, but had to get the doohickey on the back replaced because it didn't fit my boat, and all kinds of things

I'm going to focus on tank next week. I'll report back.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    What is the pressure in the bladder of the pressure tank? With pump pressure at zero, check the tank. It should be set at the same as the cut-in pressure of your pump.

Most accumulator tanks, have a static pressure of 35 psi give or take. So if you’ve relieved all of the water pressure and you’re using an air pressure gauge at the top of your accumulator and reading 40 psi, that’s what it should be.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Most accumulator tanks, have a static pressure of 35 psi give or take. So if you’ve relieved all of the water pressure and you’re using an air pressure gauge at the top of your accumulator and reading 40 psi, that’s what it should be.
    The static pressure of the tank must be the same as the cut-in pressure of the pump to prevent short cycling.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI