Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A member ??

Wink Re: A member ??

Feelin pretty good about the Hatteras hull right about now! That guy is putting her through a beating so the rest of us can relax
    John
    1981 58 Yachtfish Hull 477
    Wickford RI

Re: A member ??

She is hull # 1 of the 53 Classics. She sure gets around. Used to be in Md as Yankee Samurai and Classic Barbie.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Wait so he drug anchor and hit a bridge twice in 3 months? How did he not get the message the first time around?

So, Not a member, Not anybody's friend, Not a guy we would worry about calling names?
    S F B...

Should I be ashamed I live in Ft Myers and didn't know about this happening let alone twice less than 50 miles away? Actually this is the kind of person that makes it hard for the rest of us in this area, and if he dragged with the muddy bottoms in that area he probably has the factory Danforth...
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I live in PG and yes this boat has hit the bridge once before, a few months ago.

Word is that the boat is not operational and hasn't been for some time. This is becoming a huge problem in Florida. There is another guy here in Charlotte harbor who rents a derelict sailboat. He advertises on Craigslist that the boat is anchored but no engine. He is asking $500/month to live on his old POS, but is nice enough to provide a dingy (got only knows what condition it's in).

I have no issues with older boats (I own one) but derelicts are something that needs to be addressed for the safety of others. Several of these old POS's sink on the hook and are left there making navigation very dangerous - particularly at night.

Probably out shopping for used golf cart batteries now
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Florida may have more than its share of derelict vessels to avoid but its a hell of a lot better than San Fransico and their poop map.

Randomly pulled up YouTube this evening and saw a Hatteras 53' walkthru by a local broker, and we recognized the boat (It did not survive Ian). Watched the video, which was shot at Port Sanibel Marina, about a year before the hurricane. There's another Hatteras in that video as well, that the owners bought, changed their mind, couldn't unload fast enough, stripped everything they could off to sell as "spare parts" and we lost track of it after that.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL