Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Has anyone else seen this? Or own/tried it?

I was looking for something else (surprise) when I got distracted and found this in the rabbit hole.

https://youtu.be/SahVAAQHAzQ?si=zdpchA8ymCp27Mq2

Has anyone else seen one of these? Or tried/used one? The concept looks sound, but I am a little skeptical that it's actually as easy as this. I have seen plenty of people put retrieval lines on their anchors, or buoy their anchor lines in protected areas, but this seems a little too ...
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Re: Has anyone else seen this? Or own/tried it?

I've never seen that but I have seen a ring used to slide down the rode to retrieve by pulling from the opposite direction. Very similar
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    I was looking for something else (surprise) when I got distracted and found this in the rabbit hole.
    Push it back in the rabbit hole, bury it and forget it.

Looks interesting but I’d like to see some history of the use and what owners think.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Push it back in the rabbit hole, bury it and forget it.
    I'm inclined to believe Ralph has the best course of action here. I sent it to friends who cruised extensively (the wife is the captain, holds a 100-tonner) and she replied back "did you ever notice we leave a trip line/buoy rigged on our anchor at all times?" Their boat was one of the 5 (of 140) at our marina to survive Ian, and it's in Owl Creek now waiting on some unrelated work to be completed. She basically suggested what Ralph said.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    I'm inclined to believe Ralph has the best course of action here. I sent it to friends who cruised extensively (the wife is the captain, holds a 100-tonner) and she replied back "did you ever notice we leave a trip line/buoy rigged on our anchor at all times?" Their boat was one of the 5 (of 140) at our marina to survive Ian, and it's in Owl Creek now waiting on some unrelated work to be completed. She basically suggested what Ralph said.
    If the marina was in Ft. Myer's proper I'm surprised to read any boats did survive. Legacy and the yacht Basin still have sunken boats in them and no progress towards reopening.
    Regards
    Dan