Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Jabsco bilge pump

I have a Jabsco remote bilge pump installed in my boat, plumbed to a strainer which is in the bilge sump. It is the large diaphragm pump, model number 34600, which they haven't made for a while now. It spins, but it is not pumping. I thought the problem was a constriction in the inlet hose, but correcting that problem didn't help. Still doesn't pump.

I have a spare set of valves for it, which I'm going to try, and also clean the interior of the pump to make sure the valves aren't fouled. Also check the diaphragm to make sure it isn't leaking.

IIRC, I replaced the valves and did some other service work on it within the last year. Odd that it's failed again, because it worked perfectly for literally decades.

As noted, these aren't made anymore. (Jabsco does make smaller versions of the diaphragm pump, but I would rather have this larger one.

If anyone has one of these big Jabsco pumps and would be willing to part with it, I'll buy it from you. Or parts, etc. They do still make motors, valves, diaphragms, and a few other things for them.

Thanks, in advance, for any help or suggestions.

BTW, I called Depco and asked them if anyone makes a similar item- a self-priming, remote installation, diaphragm-type pump; evidently no one does.

Wink Re: Jabsco bilge pump

I may have found a parts supplier? I have an embarrassingly long list of vendors in an internet favorites folder titled "Equipment Suppliers". If this works for you, I won't feel like such a nerd

Jabsco 34600 Series Bilge Pump (pumpvendor.com)

"A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Re: Jabsco bilge pump

You want a whole pump or just service parts?

There is a sh*tload of nos jabsco 34600 parts on ebay right now. https://www.ebay.com/itm/35379261482...Bk9SR7Sq_OvnYw

If you are shopping for another low water diaphragm bilge pump, Look at the lil Gianneschi at Depco Pump.
    Many years ago, George talked me into this pump. Seems the two companies developed it together.
    It is still working as new, since it was installed in an old customers boat, those many years ago.
    Depco part number PM40.
    In their current catalog #112, bottom of page 43.
    Last edited by Captain Ralph; 05-03-2024 at 11:38 AM.

Thank you! I looked, and bought one of the NOS 12vdc motors. I have another pump, but with a 24v motor- so this will let me converted it. Replacing the valves in mine got it working again.

Ralph, I would buy functioning pumps, parts, cores, whatever.

I did see the Gianneschi pumps in the Depco catalog. Good idea, I will call them.

Jim , I have the same pump , it’s worth keeping it working, I plumbed the boat so I have hoses in each bilge . This removes water from.cleaning strainers without using a wet vac . Even so , I have replaced the motor of my wet vac three times. I just hope that parts support continues .
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL