Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

detroit 6-71 485 hp

i know a guy that bought a 46 ocean and it is ate up with termites, he is looking to sell the whole deal for 5000.00 dollars. might be a good deal for someone wanting the engines
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: detroit 6-71 485 hp

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    i know a guy that bought a 46 ocean and it is ate up with termites, he is looking to sell the whole deal for 5000.00 dollars. might be a good deal for someone wanting the engines
    I often dreamed of cutting a SF down to a fat CC or open express.
    But if it is full termites, It can't come near any yard or dock around here.

I walked away from a 70’er in San Diego years ago because I found thousands of termites on board. I brought mine up from Long Beach and found a smartest in mine. Fortunately I found and killed them quickly.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    hey. can you pm me his contact info. thanks

I had no idea you could get termites on a fiberglass boat. Evidently they have enough wood in them to make them attractive to termites?

Had termites on my 34 and had to have it tented in the water. Bought a 46 Bertram that had termite damage. To a certain point you kill them and the boat is fine. If too much damage then most boats are done for good.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

We had a member here who lost his 48MY to termites
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI