Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Bahamas Hatteras Cruisers

We have cruised the Berry's, and Eleuthera, and are now in George Town over the last month. We have seen some antique Hatteras's in Bristol condition at marinas in Nassau and Harbour Island. But we have not seen any other Hatteras motor yachts cruising or at anchor. We used to look for the other Hatteras boats and copy their homework. We are now the odd ducks floating in a pond full of catamarans.

If anyone else is out here, please waive. Cruising a well found Hatteras motor yacht is still everything I dreamed it would be when I went to my first boat show in Newport in 1985 and the Hatteras rep let me past the red rope despite my financial status. These are great boats and this is so much fun.

Buys some diesel and come join us.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

Re: Bahamas Hatteras Cruisers

I few of us on LRC's will be in that area in early June. If you are planning to be there at that time, let me know. Plan is to arrive Chub around 6/2 - then south to Georgetown over the following few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    We have cruised the Berry's, and Eleuthera, and are now in George Town over the last month. We have seen some antique Hatteras's in Bristol condition at marinas in Nassau and Harbour Island. But we have not seen any other Hatteras motor yachts cruising or at anchor. We used to look for the other Hatteras boats and copy their homework. We are now the odd ducks floating in a pond full of catamarans.

If anyone else is out here, please waive. Cruising a well found Hatteras motor yacht is still everything I dreamed it would be when I went to my first boat show in Newport in 1985 and the Hatteras rep let me past the red rope despite my financial status. These are great boats and this is so much fun.

Buys some diesel and come join us.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa
    Bruce when you're back stateside, assuming you come past Ft Myers, reach out - We lost our 54' to Hurricane Ian, but the Bahamas was/is/will be our dream cruising destination when we return to boat life in a few years.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

I'm working hard to get there, but having some set backs. =-(

I'm in Fort Lauderdale if anyone s up for commiserating!!!

Shay