Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Any LRC owned have drawing CED38?

I thought I had a pretty much complete set of drawings for my LRC, but just discovered that I am missing CED38, referenced by another 32V Drawing. I believe CED38 is a drawing of the DC panel/fuse box in the engine room.

From what I can tell the "Parallel solenoid" should be in this panel, but I don't see it. Wondering how it is wired.

Thanks

Re: Any LRC owned have drawing CED38?

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post
    I thought I had a pretty much complete set of drawings for my LRC, but just discovered that I am missing CED38, referenced by another 32V Drawing. I believe CED38 is a drawing of the DC panel/fuse box in the engine room.

From what I can tell the "Parallel solenoid" should be in this panel, but I don't see it. Wondering how it is wired.

Thanks
    Its in the back, top, middle of the panel between the big guest battery switches.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Sky. I saw two mounting holes in that vicinity - but no Solenoid. Must have been removed by a previous owner.

Also, can you (or anyone) explain why the Parallel switch has a Port position and a Starboard position? I would think parallel simply connects the two banks together, so this is a bit confusing.

BTW, I only have one starting bank and I'm looking to split that back into two. That's what go me started on this project.

it has both positions in case one bank is dead, the solenoid needs power to connect so you would push the switch to the good battery bank side
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by zigzag930 View Post

Thanks
    I'll check my drawings tomorrow.

FYI.... I don't have a "PARALLEL" switch on my power panel in the ER.... or a PARALLEL switch at the pilot house or flybridge.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

ok, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    it has both positions in case one bank is dead, the solenoid needs power to connect so you would push the switch to the good battery bank side

JD,

Thanks for checking for that drawing.

I have a parallel switch at the help and on the flybridge, so I'm guessing my LRC had dual banks at one point. Looks like it won't be too difficult to split it back to two banks. 32V charger does have up to 3 outputs. Will probably need a 32V Isolator so the alternator can charge both banks.

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    I'll check my drawings tomorrow.

FYI.... I don't have a "PARALLEL" switch on my power panel in the ER.... or a PARALLEL switch at the pilot house or flybridge.