Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Datamarine Depth Finder

In our pilot house we have fabric covered inset panels between all of the windows and the overhead panel. We’re in the process of recovering all of these panels with new material. We’re also taking this opportunity to cover up un-used openings and eliminate some old, working but not needed, electronics. One of those is the old Datamarine depth-finder head. We also have a round Datamarine repeater on the flybridge. Does anybody know if the repeater can be wired to work without the main unit? We hate having things on the boat that no longer work either by elimination or faulty. Unfortunately, that gauge on the flybridge sits in a hole that was drilled into the fiberglass and sits between the throttle and shift quadrants and we don’t want to spend the money or time to fix an empty hole.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Sadey; 03-24-2024 at 08:31 AM.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Datamarine Depth Finder

SB says the unit will not work separate from the main unit and a cup holder to fill the hole for the win! Thanks Scott!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

I took the ones on my boat off and replaced with a Simrad chart plotter. The cup holder is a good idea.
    Dragonten
    1981 53' MY Hull #603
    Woodstock, Illinois

You could make a fiberglass disc painted to match an put over the hole for a temporary cover.

Walt Hoover

How bout a small A C vent pointing rite towards the pilot.

Maybe a pvc pipe down to the galley for a 12oz beverage delivery system? Kinda like Walgreens uses.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Maybe a pvc pipe down to the galley for a 12oz beverage delivery system? Kinda like Walgreens uses.
    Or a urinal pipe so you don't have to leave the helm to relieve yourself. The possibilities are endless.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Oh, I thought that’s why they put the sink up there. Oops my bad.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310