Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: This may have been discussed before so I'm sorry... But I have to ask.

The placement of the "t" in my 42c was not easy to reach so that was my solution.

Walt Hoover

I have to agree with Sky, you need a boat. I also read your reasons for not proceeding to procure another one. You obviously are of a clear state of mind given that when ever it was you chose to buy one of these money traps, you were not of clear mind. No one of clear mind proceeds to purchase one of these. There is a Jedi mind trick you can use however to justify the monetary end of things: It goes like this: "I waited and waited until I found one for sale well below what it was worth! I finally found it, and it's worth 2 to 3 times what I paid! Just look at all the other similar boats for sale and see what they are asking, I stole this thing!"

If that doesn't help get you back into a new/use money hole, you can just come work on mine whenever you want, for free of course, just like it's your own boat. I won't even charge you for the flights you take to come work on it!

Hope this helps haha
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    I have to agree with Sky, you need a boat. I also read your reasons for not proceeding to procure another one. You obviously are of a clear state of mind given that when ever it was you chose to buy one of these money traps, you were not of clear mind. No one of clear mind proceeds to purchase one of these. There is a Jedi mind trick you can use however to justify the monetary end of things: It goes like this: "I waited and waited until I found one for sale well below what it was worth! I finally found it, and it's worth 2 to 3 times what I paid! Just look at all the other similar boats for sale and see what they are asking, I stole this thing!"

If that doesn't help get you back into a new/use money hole, you can just come work on mine whenever you want, for free of course, just like it's your own boat. I won't even charge you for the flights you take to come work on it!

Hope this helps haha
    Took me 3 times to get thru this email... Bob, I'd cheerfully come work/deckhand for you, but I have a clear mind and rule when it comes to flying - I don't. Seriously, though, thanks for the invitation. I definitely need a boat... Or someone who needs a volunteer crewman. Kicker is that the folder is only the stuff I had ordered online, it didn't include vendor invoices, or local supply/equipment purchases. Money hole? Sure. So's a house, if you think about it. The Admiral and I agree with the reasons to delay, but in the meantime I look, I stay in touch with friends in the area, and I am preparing to take the USCG license course for 100-ton.
    "A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor"

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Head over to FLL, I’m sure Shay could use your help on her 70MY
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    Head over to FLL, I’m sure Shay could use your help on her 70MY
    I'd jump at the opportunity but the Admiral would object since I am her transportation to/from her job.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL

Quote Originally Posted by rwaldrop13 View Post
    Took me 3 times to get thru this email... Bob, I'd cheerfully come work/deckhand for you, but I have a clear mind and rule when it comes to flying - I don't. Seriously, though, thanks for the invitation. I definitely need a boat... Or someone who needs a volunteer crewman. Kicker is that the folder is only the stuff I had ordered online, it didn't include vendor invoices, or local supply/equipment purchases. Money hole? Sure. So's a house, if you think about it. The Admiral and I agree with the reasons to delay, but in the meantime I look, I stay in touch with friends in the area, and I am preparing to take the USCG license course for 100-ton.
    Well my hope was to cheer you up a bit and hopefully relieve some of your grief.
    Hope it helped
    1980 53' Hatteras MY, Hull # 592

"Moon River" <-- Finally picked a name

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Quinn View Post
    Well my hope was to cheer you up a bit and hopefully relieve some of your grief.
    Hope it helped
    More than helped. Right now being "landlocked" (dad jokes), and in a rental house that honestly doesn't need much more than yard work 1 day a week and cleaning inside 1 day a week leaves me a lot of time. Hence the reason for looking into my 100-tonner. I also used Ian as a sign to go ahead with getting both knees replaced, which the VA did a year apart. So with that out of the way, time to start looking into more meaningful uses of my time. You certainly cheered me up, and reading the posts on here is a help anytime.

Rob Waldrop
    M/V Pau Hana
    Ft Myers FL