With the loss of Pau Hana in Hurricane Ian, I had a list of unfinished/never started projects that I came across this morning. One of them was to "restore" the shore water connection on the side of the deckhouse, instead of the improv connection thru the starboard engine room vent. While we are nowhere near starting to consider returning to boat life, I have started window shopping, just starting to compare boats, looking at a broad mix. Of course, 5 out of 6 on my list on BoatTrader are Hats (big surprise), but as I start to look at the ones with better pictures, I notice that a lot of them seem to have their shore water connection extremely close to the electrical shore tie plugs. Pau Hana's original water connection was actually not that close, and the improv was nowhere near electrical. Am I overthinking this? I had planned to rework the original connection with new fittings/plumbing into the starboard engine room where the pump, accumulator, distribution manifold were all at. Of course the hot water heater was in the port engine room. Pau Hana had some "quirks" being one of the first generation 54' EDMY, and I was never able to get any information from Hatteras about her before the buyout and subsequently losing her to the hurricane. All the manuals were lost between the original owner and the PO's we bought her from. I have some of my notes, and my project list, but everything else was lost.